Nokia has been engaged in the 5G PPP initiative (5G Infrastructure Private-Public Partnership, part of the EU Horizon 2020 Research and Innovation program) across many different programs. The first wave of innovation projects, Phase 1, were aimed at increasing wireless capacity, saving energy, connecting all people and things, decreasing latency, and improving reliability.
The Nokia Applications and Analytics business has been a partner in three of the Phase 1 projects: Sonata, Cognet, and SuperFluidity, which are all in the domains Cloudband is leading within Nokia. Bell Labs is also a partner in Cognet and SuperFluidity.
These projects began in July 2015 and with their official conclusion, there have been several tangible accomplishments:
- The Sonata project has implemented a Service Orchestration system in-line with the ETSI NFV MANO stack NFVO.
- The Cognet project is promoting Machine Learning for improvement of 5G Network Management
- The SuperFluidity project aims to implement on-the-fly service creation for rapid service deployment.
Nokia CloudBand is adopting aspects of each of these projects in its product roadmap.
For more details visit:
- Sonata: https://5g-ppp.eu/sonata/, http://www.sonata-nfv.eu/
- Cognet: https://5g-ppp.eu/cognet/, http://www.cognet.5g-ppp.eu/
- Superfluidity: https://5g-ppp.eu/superfluidity/, http://superfluidity.eu/