- D.Sc.(Tech.), Radio Engineering, Aalto University, Finland, 2009-2014
- M.Eng, Communication Engineering, Gyeongsang National University, South Korea, 2006-2008
Microwave Radio Technology Specialist
Zhou Du is a RF wireless technology expert in Nokia Bell Labs with over 10 years research experience. He holds a Doctor of Science (Tech.) degree in Radio Engineering from Aalto University (formerly Helsinki University of Technology).
From September 2006 to December 2008, he was with the Department of Electronic Engineering/A.W.C Lab of Gyeongsang National University as a Research Assistant. From March 2009 to January 2015, he was with the Department of Radio Science and Engineering/SMARAD center of excellence as a researcher. In February 2015, Zhou joined Nokia Bell Labs Espoo as a Microwave Radio Technology Specialist. His duties in Nokia Bell Labs Espoo include but not limited to:
✔ 5G Proof of Concept study, Board Engineering
✔ Drive development of RF solutions/proposal for 5G cmWave and mmWave applications.
✔ Define/develop the technology strategy and roadmap in radio technology, State of the art technology scouting
✔ Specification, evaluation and analysis of components for 5G PHY system together with major silicon partners
✔ Devoted to multiple international projects with academia and industrial partners
✔ Perform, document and communicate research studies, measurement and case studies
✔ Project management and coordination
- Analog Electronics
- Communications Paradigms
- System Integration
- Wireless Communications
Reviewer of several international journals.
Served as Technical Program Committee (TPC) member of:
- The 9th Global Symposium on Millimeter-Waves (GSMM2016)
- IEEE ICC2017 Workshop on Flexible Networks (FLEXNETS)
- IEEE WCNC2018 workshop on Flexible and Agile Networks (FLEXNETS)
- IEEE INFORCOM2019 Workshop on Flexible and Agile Networks: 5G and Beyond (FlexNets)
Co-Chair of Wireless Technologies Session in 47th European Microwave Conference (EuMC2017)