Dr.-Ing. (PhD) in Electrical Engineering, Dresden University of Technology, 2014
Dipl.-Ing. (Masters) in Information Systems Engineering, Dresden University of Technology, 2006
Stefan Wesemann received the Dipl.-Ing. (Masters) in Information Systems Engineering in 2006, and the Dr.-Ing. (PhD) in Electrical Engineering, both from Dresden University of Technology. Between 2007 and 2010, he worked for Signalion GmbH (now National Instruments) in 4G test equipment development. In 2014, Stefan joined the Next Generation Wireless Systems department at Nokia Bell Labs. His primary research focus are the massive MIMO implementation challenges in 4G and 5G systems, which include the acquisition of channel state information, advanced precoding methods for multi-user MIMO, novel antenna array architectures and back-/fronthauling solutions.
- Stefan Schwarz, Markus Rupp, Stefan Wesemann, "Grassmannian Product Codebooks for Limited Feedback Massive MIMO With Two-Tier Precoding", IEEE Journal of Selected Topics in Signal Processing, 2019.
- Bile Peng, Stefan Wesemann, Ke Guan, Wolfgang Templ, Thomas Kürner, "Precoding and Detection for Broadband Single Carrier Terahertz Massive MIMO Systems Using LSQR Algorithm", IEEE Transactions on Wireless Communications, 2019.
- S. Wesemann and T. Marzetta, "Channel Training for Analog FDD Repeaters: Optimal Estimators and Cramér-Rao Bounds", IEEE Transactions on Signal Processing, 2017.
- S. Wesemann and G. Fettweis, "Distributed Asynchronous Optimization Framework for the MISO Interference Channel", IEEE Transactions on Signal Processing, 2014.
Demonstrations, Conferences and Workshops
- Roman Dischler, Son T. Le, Stefan Wesemann, Venkat Venkatesan, "Experimental Validation of an Optical Single Sideband Mobile Fronthaul System for 5G Massive MIMO Uplink", accepted for publication at ITG-summit “Photonische Netze 2020” , 2020.
- Jobin Francis, Paolo Baracca, Stefan Wesemann, Gerhard Fettweis, "Downlink Power Control in Cell-free Massive MIMO with Partially Distributed Access Points", IEEE Vehicular Technology Conference, 2019
- Christoph Hellings, Aymen Dehmani, Stefan Wesemann, Michael Koller, Wolfgang Utschick, "Evaluation of Neural-Network-Based Channel Estimators Using Measurement Data", ITG Workshop on Smart Antennas, 2019.
- Dinh-Thuy Phan-Huy, Stefan Wesemann, Philippe Sehier, "How Wireless Dumb Devices Could Attain High Data Rates Thanks to Smart Massive MIMO Networks", ITG Workshop on Smart Antennas, 2019.
- Andrei Nedelcu, Fabian Steiner, Markus Staudacher, Gerhard Kramer, Wolfgang Zirwas, Rakash Sivasiva Ganesan, Paolo Baracca, Stefan Wesemann, "Quantized Precoding for Multi-Antenna Downlink Channels with MAGIQ", ITG Workshop on Smart Antennas, 2018.
- Dinh-Thuy Phan-Huy, Stefan Wesemann, Joachim Bjoersell, Mikael Sternad, "Adaptive Massive MIMO for fast moving connected vehicles: It will work with Predictor Antennas!", ITG Workshop on Smart Antennas, 2018.
- S. Wesemann, H. Schlesinger, A. Pascht and O. Blume, "Measurement and Characterization of the Temporal Behavior of Fixed Massive MIMO Links", ITG/IEEE Workshop on Smart Antennas, 2017.
- FutureCell prototype demonstration at Future X Days, Sunnyvale, California, September 21-23, 2016
- FutureCell prototype demonstration at Claude Shannon Centennial Conference, Murray Hill, New Jersey, April 28-29, 2016
- S. Wesemann, "Semi-Blind Estimation of FDD Massive MIMO Channels using Correlative Coded Analog Feedback", ITG/IEEE Workshop on Smart Antennas, March 2016
- S. Wesemann, W. Rave and G. Fettweis, ”Unifying Viewpoints on Distributed Asynchronous Optimization for MISO Interference Channels”, IEEE International Workshop on Signal Processing Advances in Wireless Communications, June 2014, invited Paper
- S. Wesemann and G. Fettweis, ”Convergence Analysis of the Simplified Distributed Interference Pricing in MIMO Networks”, IEEE International Symposium on Personal, Indoor and Mobile Radio Communications, September 2013
- S. Wesemann and G. Fettweis, ”Decentralized Formation of Uplink CoMP Clusters based on Affinity Propagation”, IEEE International Symposium on Wireless Communication Systems, August 2012
- S. Wesemann, W. Rave and G. Fettweis, ”Decentralized Intercell Interference Coordination for Fair Resource Allocation in Large-Scale Networks”, ITG/IEEE Workshop on Smart Antennas, March 2012
- S. Wesemann, W. Rave and G. Fettweis, ”Combinatorial Advantages due to Joint Resource Allocation in Uplink CoMP Systems”, IEEE International Symposium on Wireless Communication Systems, November 2011
- W. Ying, J. Oostveen, A. Filippi and S. Wesemann, ”A Novel Preamble Scheme for Packet-Based OFDM WLAN”, IEEE Wireless Communications and Networking Conference, March 2007
- S. Wesemann, "Distributed Asynchronous Beamforming for the MISO Interference Channel", Ph.D. thesis, Dresden University of Technology, Germany, 2014
2 granted, 9 pending patents