Omar is a Partner at Bell Labs Consulting and one of the leading experts on Transport Networks, Edge Cloud, AI/ML and the overall Future Networks Ecosystems and Value Creation. He is a part of the leadership team and accountable for Europe, Russia and Turkey.
Omar brings over 18 years of international experience in Management Consulting and ICT, he has worked with Chief Executives and Founders on many types of topics and issues addressing M&A's or organic growth strategies, future network vision, business strategy, services, and processes. Since joining in 2014 -- he led and developed a groundbreaking innovative techno-economic models to drive business value for CSPs/DSPs, Enterprise and Verticals worldwide.
Omar is passionate about Technological Advancements and Its Impact on Humanity. He combines a broad technology, business and financial expertise with a sound leadership skills. In his early career, he spent many years in designing and building the undersea networks between Europe and Americas for multiple operators that serves a wide variety of today’s applications.
Before joining BLC, Omar led Verizon Enterprise Solutions Consulting Team in EMEA focused on Enterprise Networks, prior to that -- he gained his experience at Verizon Business, McKinsey&Company and Interoute Communications (now GTT) where he held strategic and functional leadership roles in consulting, management and engineering. Omar holds an Engineering Degree in Electrical Engineering from University of Technology and earned his MBA Degree in Strategy, Execution and Valuation from Chapman University.
Examples from recent engagements include:
- Helping a large European operator to mature their analytics and AI/ML capabilities from inception to full implementation achieving double-digits revenue growth.
- Quantifying the 5G promise for multiple teir1 European operators, unleashing the future economic impact and growth from use-cases and services across B2C, B2B, B2B2C and B2G sectors.
- Developing a multifaceted techno-economic 5-year vision and plan covering connectivity, future services, IoT, Cloud and SDN for a leading operator in MEA region -- from design to implementation.
- Driving TCO optimization programs for large European based telecom operators on network related cost through as 2G/3G sunset. strategies, transport network optimization, legacy networks shutdown and cloudification, also non-network related costs and automation.
- Guiding extensive transformations of mobile incumbent player targeting over $680 million in bottom-line impact over a 5 year period.
- Leading a complete turnaround for late-entrant MNOs on their path to market leadership -- doubling the size of the company.