- D.S. Communications Engineering, University of Oulu, Finland
- M.S. Communications Engineering, Cairo University, Egypt
- B.S. Electronics and Comm. Engineering, Institute of Aviation Engineering and Tech., Egypt
Management and Orchestration Researcher
Mohammed Elbamby is with the End-to-End Networks and Service Automation Lab at Bell Labs. He received the Doctor of Science degree (with distrinction) from the University of Oulu, Finland, in 2019, and the Master of Science degree from Cairo University, Egypt, in 2013, both in Communications Engineering. Previously, he held research positions at the University of Oulu, Cairo University, and the American University in Cairo. He was also a visiting researcher at the University of Hong Kong. His research interests span resource optimization, network management, and machine learning in wireless cellular networks. He received the Best Student Paper Award from the European Conference on Networks and Communications (EuCNC'2017).
- Machine Learning
- Network Dynamics & Operations
- Wireless Communications
Selected Articles and Publications
- Cristina Perfecto, Mohammed S. Elbamby, Javi Del Ser, and Mehdi Bennis, "Taming the latency in multi-user VR 360°: A QoE-aware deep learning-aided multicast framework," in IEEE Transactions on Communications, Q1 2020.
- Mohammed S. ElBamby, Cristina Perfecto, Chen-Feng Liu, Jihong Park, Sumudu Samarakoon, Xianfu Chen, and Mehdi Bennis, “Wireless edge computing with latency and reliability guarantees,” in Proceedings of the IEEE (PIEEE), Vol. 107, No. 8, August 2019.
- Mohammed S. ElBamby, Mehdi Bennis, Walid Saad, Matti Latva-aho, and Choong Seon Hong, "Proactive edge computing in fog networks with latency and reliability guarantees," in EURASIP Journal on Wireless Communications and Networking, vol. 2018, no. 1, p. 209, Aug. 2018.
- Mohammed S. ElBamby, Cristina Perfecto, Mehdi Bennis, and Klaus Doppler, "Toward low-latency and ultra-reliable virtual reality," in IEEE Network, vol. 32, no. 2, pp. 78-84, March-April 2018.
- Mohammed S. ElBamby, Mehdi Bennis, Walid Saad, Mérouane Debbah, and Matti Latva-aho, "Resource optimization and power allocation in in-band full duplex-enabled non-orthogonal multiple access networks," in IEEE Journal on Selected Areas in Communications (JSAC), vol. 35, no. 12, pp. 2860-2873, Dec. 2017.