- Master’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, University Of Antwerp, Faculty of Applied Engineering https://www.uantwerpen.be/nl/faculteiten/fac-toegepaste-ingenieurswetenschap/
- Training Creative Facilitator, at COCD. The Centre for Development of Creative Thinking (COCD) is a spin off off the Antwerp University https://www.linkedin.com/company/cocd. Work on final thesis in progress.
- Monumental Art classes finelised in 2013 "with outstanding honor" at the atelier MKNU (5 year program), Royal Academy of Fine Arts Antwerp, Department Part-Time Artistic Education, KASKA DKO MKNU http://www.academieantwerpendko.org/monumentale-kunsten-nu
- Enthusiast student at different online Massive Open Online Courses providers (refer to linkedin).
Marc Godon is Senior Researcher at Bell Labs Alcatel-Lucent in Antwerp Belgium. His research work is focusing on the needs for new innovative communication means and future media supporting the emerging participative, creative, and empathic networked society. He uses his multidisciplinary skills of artist, engineer, and his experiences in user research and interaction design to foster lateral thinking and use of the creative language in research for societal innovation. He is big fan of the DIY culture and massive online learning programs.
Honors and Awards
- 2009 Gold ITEA Achievement Award of the Information Technology for European Advancement. 05024 SmartTouch ITEA project, Role: project leader Flemish consortium https://itea3.org/press/finnish-interactive-touch-technology-wins-itea-gold-achievement-award.html, https://itea3.org/project/smarttouch.html
- 2012 Silver ITEA Award. 08005 DiYSE ITEA project. Do-it-Yourself Smart Experiences. Role: researcher, user research, creativity coaching, and concept developer in Flemish consortium https://itea3.org/press/diyse-project-recevies-the-prestigious-itea-silver-award-2012.html
- Creativity Workshop University Antwerp, Faculty Applied Engineering
- Creativity Workshop part in Summer School, Telecom Sud Paris
- Creativity Workshop part in Summer School, L’UNIVERSITÉ DU QUÉBEC, Canada
Selected Articles and Publications
- Augmented Photoframe for Interactive Smart Space, Koen De Voegt, Mohamed Ali Feki, Laurence Claeys, Johan Criel, Pascal Zontrop, Marc Godon, Marc Roelands, Marjan Geerts, Lieven Trappeniers, Aging Friendly Technology for Health and Independence, Lecture Notes in Computer Science Volume 6159, 2010, pp 60-66, http://rd.springer.com/chapter/10.1007/978-3-642-13778-5_8
- The First Interaction Design Pattern Library for Internet of Things User Created Applications. Marc Godon, Mohamed Ali Feki, Marc Roelands, Lieven Trappeniers, Human-Computer Interaction. Design and Development Approaches Lecture Notes in Computer Science Volume 6761, 2011, pp 229-237, http://rd.springer.com/chapter/10.1007%2F978-3-642-21602-2_26
Books and Chapters
- Enabling the Masses to Become Creative in Smart Spaces, Marc Roelands, Laurence Claeys, Marc Godon, Marjan Geerts, Mohamed Ali Feki, Lieven Trappeniers, Architecting the Internet of Things, 2011, pp 37-64, http://rd.springer.com/chapter/10.1007/978-3-642-19157-2_3