Lorenzo Galati Giordano (M’15, SM’20) is Member of Technical Staff at Nokia Bell Labs Ireland since 2015. Lorenzo received the M.Sc. and the Ph.D. degrees in wireless communication from Politecnico di Milano, Italy, in 2005 and 2010, respectively, and the master's degree in Innovation Management from IlSole24Ore Business School, Italy, in 2014. He was also Marie-Curie Short Term Fellow at University of Bedfordshire (UK) in 2008, researcher associate with the Italian National Research Council in 2010 and R&D Engineer for Azcom Technology, an Italian SME, from 2010 to 2014. Lorenzo has more than 10 years of academical and industrial research experience on wireless communication systems and protocols, holds commercial patents and publications in prestigious books, IEEE journals and conferences. Lorenzo’s current focus is on future indoor networks and next generation Wi-Fi technologies, an area where he is contributing with pioneering works on large antenna arrays solutions for the unlicensed spectrum.
- The paper "IEEE 802.11be Extremely High Throughput: The Next Generation of Wi-Fi Technology Beyond 802.11ax," has entered the most popular list of IEEE Communication Magazine, which includes the 50 most frequently accessed documents for this publication.
- Awarded as top 10 inventor in Nokia Bell Labs Dublin (Ireland) for patent filings in 2018, developing a portfolio of fundamental patents to propose coordinated beamforming and null steering techniques into IEEE 802.11be standard.
- Most Attended Industry Program Award at IEEE Globecom 2017, Singapore, with the Industrial tutorial on "Drone Base Stations: Opportunities and Challenges Towards a Truly “Wireless” Wireless Network". (https://globecom2017.ieee-globecom.org/content/industry-program)
- Silver medal at the Edison Awards 2017, Consumer Electronics & Information Technology - Charging Technologies as key member of the Nokia F-Cell project, an innovative self-powered, self-configured and auto-connected drone deployed small cell powered by a massive MIMO wireless backhaul. (https://edisonawards.com/winners2017.php)
- CTIA Emerging Technology (E-Tech) 2016 Award for cutting-edge mobile products and services transforming Wide Area Networks (5G, 4G and LTE 4.5) as key member of the Nokia F-Cell project. (https://www.ctia.org/news/emerging-tech-award-winners)
Vehicular Technologies - Deployment and Applications, ISBN 978-953-51-0992-1, hard cover, 222 pages, Publisher: InTech February 2013. Editors: Lorenzo Galati Giordano, Luca Reggiani.
Small LTE Base Stations Deployment in Vehicle-to-Road-Infrastructure Communications
Book chapter included in "Vehicular Technologies: Deployment and Applications", ISBN: 978-953-51-0992-1, InTech February 2013. Authors: Lorenzo Galati Giordano, Luca Reggiani, Laura Dossi, Roberto Lambiase.
Fast Power and Channel Adaptation for Mobile Users in OFDMA Multi-Cell Scenarios, Book chapter included in "Vehicular Technologies: Increasing Connectivity", Miguel Almeida (ed.), ISBN 978-953-307-223-4, InTech 2011. Authors: Lorenzo Galati Giordano, Luca Reggiani, Laura Dossi.
Radio Resource Management for New Generation Wireless Networks: Smart Allocation Techniques and Interference Evaluation, VDM Verlag Dr. Müller, ISBN 978-3-639-26548-4, 112 pages June 17, 2010. Authors: Lorenzo Galati Giordano, Luca Reggiani, Laura Dossi