- PhD, Computer Science, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, 1993.
- S.M, S.B., Computer Science, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, 1989.
Lalita Jategaonkar Jagadeesan
Naperville, IL, USA
I am currently the Security Analytics and Strategy Lead in the Bell Labs & CTO Security group, coordinating the development of a security analytics strategy, together with associated techniques, tools, and prototypes for real-time security analytics applied to emerging telecommunications-related technologies. Over the past years, I have held a variety of technical and managerial positions in computer science research, software, and security in Bell Labs. A theme of my research is to bridge foundations and practice.
Selected Articles and Publications
- Voice communication mashups: formal specification and composition of service level agreements. In Proceedings of the Conference on Next Generation Mobile Applications, Services and Technologies, September 2009. (With V. Mendiratta)
- Passive Mid-Stream Monitoring of Real-Time Properties. In ACM Conference on Embedded Systems and Applications, September 2005. (With R.Viswanathan)
- Characterizing Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) Network Performance and Reliability. International Service Availability Symposium, March 2005. Lecture Notes in Computer Science, Volume 3694. (With V. Gurbani and V. Mendiratta).
- A Multi-Modal Natural Language Interface to an Information Visualization Environment. In International Journal of Speech Technology, 4(3): 297-314; Jul 2001. Kluwer Academic Publishers. (With K. Cox, R. Grinter, S. Hibino, D. Mantilla).
- Ensuring Privacy in Presence Awareness Systems: An Automated Verification Approach. In ACM Conference on Computer Supported Cooperative Work, December 2000. (With P. Godefroid, J. Herbsleb, D. Li.)
- Automated Systematic Testing for Constraint-Based Interactive Services. In ACM SIGSOFT International Symposium on the Foundations of Software Engineering, November 2000. (With P. Godefroid , R. Jagadeesan, K. Laufer)
- A Constraint Based Framework for Prototyping Distributed Virtual Applications. International Conference on Principles and Practice of Constraint Programming, September 2000. (With V. Gupta, R. Jagadeesan, X. Jiang and K. Läufer.)
- Sisl: Several Interfaces, Single Logic. In International Journal of Speech Technology, Kluwer Academic Publishers. 3(2): 93-108, June 2000. (With T. Ball, C. Colby, P. Danielsen, R. Jagadeesan, K. Laufer, P.Mataga, K. Rehor.)
- Automatically Closing Open Reactive Programs. In ACM SIGPLAN Conference on Programming Language Design and Implementation, June 1998. (With C. Colby, P. Godefroid.)
- Design and Implementation of Triveni: A Process-Algebraic API for Threads + Events. In IEEE International Conference on Computer Languages (ICCL), May 1998. (With C. Colby, R. Jagadeesan, K. Läufer, and C. Puchol.)
- Objects and Concurrency in Triveni: A Telecommunication Case Study in Java. In USENIX Conference on Object-Oriented Technologies and Systems (COOTS), April 1998. (With C. Colby, R. Jagadeesan, K. Läufer, and C. Puchol.)
- Model Checking Without a Model: An Analysis of the Heart-Beat Monitor of a Telephone Switch using VeriSoft. In ACM SIGSOFT International Symposium on Software Testing and Analysis, March 1998. (With P. Godefroid, R. Hanmer.)
- Model Checking of Real-Time Systems: A Telecommunications Application. In ACM/IEEE International Conference on Software Engineering, May 1997. (With R. Alur, J. Kott, and J. Von Olnhausen.)
- Specification-based Testing of Reactive Software: Tools and Experiments. In ACM/IEEE International Conference on Software Engineering, May 1997. (With A. Porter, C. Puchol, J.C. Ramming, and L. Votta.)
- Auditdraw: Generating Audits the FAST Way. In IEEE International Symposium on Requirements Engineering, January 1997. (With N. Gupta, E. Koutsofios, and D. Weiss.)
- A Framework for Evaluating Specification Methods for Reactive Systems. In IEEE Transactions on Software Engineering, 22(6):378-389, June 1996. An earlier version appeared in the ACM/IEEE International Conference on Software Engineering, April 1995. (With M. Ardis, J. Chaves, P. Mataga, C. Puchol, M. Staskauskas, and J. Von Olnhausen.)
- A Formal Approach to Reactive Systems Software: A Telecommunications Application in ESTEREL. In Formal Methods in System Design, 8(2):123-152, March 1996. Kluwer Academic Publishers. An earlier version appeared in the IEEE Workshop on Industrial-Strength Formal Specification Techniques, April 1995. (With C. Puchol, and J. Von Olnhausen.)
- Deciding True Concurrency Equivalences on Finite Safe Nets. Theoretical Computer Science, 154:107-143, January 1996. Elsevier Publishers. (With A.R. Meyer.)
- Safety Property Verification of ESTEREL Programs and Applications to Telecommunications Software. In International Conference on Computer Aided Verification, July 1995. (With C. Puchol, J. Von Olnhausen.)
- Causality and True Concurrency: A Dataflow Analysis of the Pi-Calculus. In International Conference on Algebraic Methodology and Software Technology, Jul 1995. (With R. Jagadeesan.)
- Self-Synchronization of Concurrent Processes. In IEEE Symposium on Logic in Computer Science, pages 409-417, July 1993. (With A.R. Meyer.)
- Testing Equivalence for Petri Nets with Action Refinement. In International Conference on Concurrency Theory, Lecture Notes in Computer Science, August 1992. (With A.R. Meyer.)
- Type Inference with Extended Pattern Matching and Subtypes. Fundamenta Informaticae, 19(1,2): 127-166, September/October 1993. IOS Press. An earlier version appeared in the ACM Symposium on Lisp and Functional Programming Languages, 1988. (With J.C. Mitchell.)
- Mashup Services And Methods With Quality Of Service (QOS) Support, U.S. Patent Number 20110066563, issued March 2011. (With V. Mendiratta)
- Method And Apparatus For Passive Mid-Stream Monitoring Of Real-Time Properties. US Patent Number 7599688, issued October 2009. (With R. Viswanathan)
- Apparatus And Method For Use In Collaboration Services. US Patent Number 7299257, issued November 2007. (With D. Boyer, J. Coplien, R. Grinter, J. Herbsleb, P. Mataga, G. Wills)
- User Interface For Translating Natural Language Inquiries Into Database Queries And Data Presentations. U.S. Patent Number 6701294, issued March 2004. (With T. Ball, K. Cox, R. Grinter, S. Hibino, D. Mantilla)
- Presence Awareness In Collaborative Systems. U.S. Patent Number 6697840, issued February 2004. (With P. Godefroid, J. Herbsleb, D. Li)
- Method and Apparatus For Providing Interactive Services With Multiple Interfaces. U.S. Patent Number 6609089, issued August 2003. (With T. Ball, P. Danielsen, K. Laufer, P. Mataga, K. Rehor).
- Method and Apparatus For Providing Interactive Services With Multiple Interfaces (filed concurrently with above). U.S. Patent Number 6529863, issued March 2003. (With T. Ball, P. Danielsen, K. Laufer, P. Mataga, K. Rehor).
- Method For Automatically Closing Open Reactive Systems. U.S Patent Number 6102968, issued August 2000. (With C. Colby, P. Godefroid)
- Text-Based Communication Services Based On User-Specified Privacy Settings, U.S. 13/631234, filed September 2012. (With G. Bruns and V. Kolesnikov)