Since 2005, Dimitri Papadimitriou works as Senior Research Engineer in the area of Future Internet multi-disciplinary research at Bell Labs. His areas of research include dynamic routing on large-scale graphs, kinetic models for complex systems as well as machine learning for cognitive systems. He authored numerous peer reviewed papers on dynamic routing algorithmic, application of machine learning to communications systems and performance of multi-layer networks and he holds more than twenty patents. Recently he won the Best Paper awards at RNDM 2010, RNDM 2011 and FIA 2012. He currently leads the EULER FP7 project that investigates new dynamic routing paradigms for large-scale complex systems (EULER) and PI for the EC FP7 Network of Excellence on Internet Science. He is also actively involved in the activities of the Internet Research Task Force (IRTF) and a member of the Routing Internet Directorate. Dimitri is Alcatel-Lucent’s top contributor to IETF, his 33 RFCs received 199 total citations, which results in an h-index of 8.
Selected Articles and Publications
- D.Papadimitriou and B.Fortz, Methods for time-dependent combined network design and routing optimization, Proc. of IEEE Global Communications (GLOBECOM) Conference, Austin (TX), December 8-12 2014.
- M.Camelo, D.Papadimitriou, L.Fàbrega, and P.Vilà, Geometric Routing With Word-Metric Spaces, IEEE Communications Letters, vol.18, no.12, pp.2125-2128, Dec.2014.
- D.Papadimitriou and B.Fortz, Reliability-dependent Combined Network Design and Routing Optimization, Proc. of 6th International Workshop on Reliable Networks Design and Modeling (RNDM), Barcelona, Spain, Nov.17-19 2014.
- B.Fortz and D.Papadimitriou, Branch-and-cut strategies for a multi-period network design and routing problem, Proc. of International Conference on Control, Decision and Information Technologies (CODIT), Metz, France, November 3-5 2014.
- S.Sahhaf, D.Papadimitriou, W.Tavernier, D.Colle, and M.Pickavet, Experimentation of geometric information routing on content locators, Proc. of CNERT 2014 workshop, colocated with International Conference on Network Protocols (ICNP) 2014, Oct.2014.
- G.Ellinas, D.Papadimitriou, J.Rak, D.Staessens, J.Sterbenz and K.Walkowiak, Practical issues for the implementation of survivability and recovery techniques in optical networks, Journal Optical Switching and Networking, vol.14, pp.179-193, Aug.2014.
- D.Papadimitriou, Geometric analysis of flow betweenness centrality, Proc. of SIAM Workshop on Network Science (NS14), Chicago, Illinois, July 6¬-7, 2014.
- D.Papadimitriou and B.Fortz, Time-dependent combined network design and routing optimization, Proc. of IEEE International Conference on Communications (ICC), Sydney, Australia, June 10-14 2014.
- D.Careglio, D.Papadimitriou, F.Agraz, S.Sahhaf, J.Perelló, W. Tavernier, S.Spadaro, D.Colle, Development and experimentation towards a multicast-enabled Internet, Proc. 17th IEEE Global Internet Symposium (GI2014), co-located with IEEE Infocom 2014, Toronto, Canada, April 27 – May 2, 2014.
- M.Camelo, D.Papadimitriou, L.Fàbrega, P.Vilà, Efficient Routing in Data Center with Underlying Cayley Graph”, 5th 2014 Workshop on Complex Networks (CompleNet 2014), Bologna, Italy, March 12-14, 2014.
- D.Papadimitriou, D.Careglio, P.Demeester, Performance analysis of multicast routing algorithms, Proc. 2014 International Conference on Computing, Networking and Communications (ICNC 2014), February 3-8, 2014.
- D.Papadimitriou, and P.Demeester, Multi-agent Statistical Relational Learning – Application to Distributed Control Processes, Proceedings of 2nd European Teletraffic Seminar (ETS 2013), September 30 – October 02, 2013, Blekinge Institute of Technology, Karlskrona, Sweden.
- D.Papadimitriou, D.Colle, P.Audenaert, and P.Demeester, Geometric Information Routing, Proceedings of Seventh IEEE International Conference on Advanced Networks and Telecommunication Systems (ANTS) 2013, December 15-18, 2013, Chennai, India.
- D.Papadimitriou, D.Careglio, F.Tarissan, and P.Demeester, Method of reliability and availability analysis, Proceedings of 5th International Workshop on Reliable Networks Design and Modeling (RNDM), co-located with ICUMT 2013 Congress, Sep.10-12, 2013.
- D.Papadimitriou, L.Fàbrega, P.Vilà, D.Careglio, and P.Demeester, Measurement-based Experimental Research Methodology, Lecture Notes in Computer Science (LNCS), Vol.7586, 2013.
- D.Papadimitriou, D.Careglio, F.Tarissan, and P.Demeester, Internet routing paths stability model and relation to forwarding paths, Proceedings of 9th International Conference on Design of Reliable Communication Networks (DRCN), Budapest, Hungary, March 4-7, 2013.
- D.Papadimitriou, F.Coras, A.Rodriguez, V.Carela, D.Careglio, L.Fàbrega, P.Vilà, and P.Demeester, Iterative research method applied to the design and evaluation of a dynamic multicast routing scheme, Lecture Notes in Computer Science (LNCS), Vol.7586, 2013.
- D.Papadimitriou, A.Cabellos-Aparicio, and F.Coras, Stability metrics and criteria for path-vector routing, To appear in Proceedings of International Conference on Computing, Networking and Communications (ICNC) 2013, Co-sponsored by IEEE Communications Society and IEEE Computer Society, San Diego (CA), USA, January 28-31, 2013.
- D.Papadimitriou, L.Fàbrega, P.Vilà, D.Careglio, and P.Demeester, Measurement-based research: methodology, experiments and tools, ACM SIGCOMM Computer Communication Review (CCR), Vol.42, No.5, pp.62-68, October 2012.
- A.Lancin, L.Hogie, D.Papadimitriou, I.Tahiri, D.Coudert and S.Perennes, Feasibility Study on Distributed Simulations of BGP, Proceedings of 26th ACM/IEEE/SCS Workshop on Principles of Advanced and Distributed Simulation (PADS), Zhangjiajie, China, July 15-19, 2012.
- D.Papadimitriou, Exploiting geometry of large-scale topologies for routing operations, 25th European Conference on Operational Research (EURO), Vilnius, Lithuania, July 8-11, 2012.
- D.Papadimitriou, and A.Cabellos, Stability Analysis of Path-vector Routing, 14emes Rencontres Francophones sur les Aspects Algorithmiques des Télécommunications (AlgoTel 2012), La Grande Motte (Montpellier), France, May 29 – June 1, 2012.
- D.Papadimitriou, Th.Zahariadis, P.Martinez-Julia, I.Papafili, F.Torelli, B.Sales, and P.Demeester, Design Principles for the Future Internet Architecture, Future Internet: From Promises to Reality, Lecture Notes in Computer Science (LNCS), Volume 7281, pp.55-67, 2012, Best paper award.
- D.Papadimitriou, B.Sales, P.Demeester and Th.Zahariadis, From Internet Architecture Research to Standards, Future Internet: From Promises to Reality, Lecture Notes in Computer Science (LNCS), Volume 7281, pp.68-80, 2012.
- S.Latré, W.Van de Meerssche, D.Deschrijver, D.Papadimitriou, T.Dhaene, and F.De Turck, A cognitive accountability mechanism for penalizing misbehaving ECN-based TCP stacks, International Journal of Network Management, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., April 2012.
- D.Papadimitriou, Relational Learning Methods for Designing Adaptive and Predictive Controllers, 11th INFORMS Telecommunications Conference, Boca Raton (FL), USA, March 15 – 17, 2012.
- D.Papadimitriou, F.Coras, and A.Cabellos, Path-vector Routing Stability Analysis, ACM SIGMETRICS, Performance Evaluation Review (PER), Vol.39, No.3, December 2011, pp.22-24.
- P.Pedroso, D.Papadimitriou, and D.Careglio, “Dynamic Compact Multicast Routing on Power-Law Graphs”, Proceedings of IEEE Global Communication Conference (GLOBECOM) 2011, Houston (TX), USA, December 5-9, 2011.
- W.Tavernier, D.Papadimitriou, D.Colle, M.Pickavet, and P.Demeester, “Packet loss reduction during rerouting”, IEEE Communications Letters, Vol.15, No.10, pp.1120-1122, October 2011.
- W.Tavernier, D.Papadimitriou, D.Colle, M.Pickavet, and P.Demeester, “Automated Learning of Loop-Free Alternate Paths for Fast Re-Routing”, Proc. of Reliable Networks Design and Modeling (RNDM) 2011, technically co-sponsored by IFIP TC6 and IEEE, October 5-7, 2011, Budapest, Hungary. B. Puype, D. Papadimitriou, G. Das, D. Colle, M. Pickavet, P. Demeester, “OSPF failure reconvergence through SRG inference and prediction of link state advertisements”, Proc. of ACM SIGCOMM 2011, Toronto (ON), Canada, August 15-19, 2011.
- D.Papadimitriou, F.Coras, and A.Cabellos, “Path-vector Routing Stability Analysis”, ACM SIGMETRICS 2011/13th Workshop on MAthematical performance Modeling And Analysis (MAMA), San Jose (CA), USA, June 7-11, 2011. Performance Evaluation Review (PER) of ACM SIGMETRICS.
- D.Papadimitriou, P.Pedroso, and P.Demeester, “Performance Analysis of a Dynamic Compact Multicast Routing Algorithm”, 13es Rencontres Francophones sur les Aspects Algorithmiques de Télécommunications (AlgoTel 2011), Cap Estérel, France, May 23-26, 2011.
- G.Das, D.Papadimitriou, B.Puype, D.Colle, M.Pickavet, and P.Demeester, “SRLG Identification from Time Series Analysis of Link State Data”, Proc. of 3rd International Conference on COMmunication Systems and NETworkS (COMSNETS), January 4-8, 2011, Bangalore, India.
- W.Tavernier, D.Papadimitriou, D.Colle, M.Pickavet, and P.Demeester, “Using AR(I)MA-GARCH models for improving the IP routing table updates”, Proceedings of 2nd International Worskhop on Reliable Networks Design and Modeling (RNDM) 2010, Moscow, Russia, 18-20 October 2010. Best Paper Award.
- G.Das, D.Papadimitriou, W.Tavernier, D.Colle, T.Dhaene, M.Pickavet, and P.Demeester, “Link State Protocol data mining for shared risk link group detection”, Proceedings of 19th International Conference on Computer Communications and Networks (ICCCN 2010), Zurich, Switzerland, 2-5 August 2010.
- L.Hogie, D.Papadimitriou, I.Tahiri, and F.Majorczyk, “Simulating routing schemes on large-scale topologies”, 24th ACM/IEEE/SCS Workshop on Principles of Advanced and Distributed Simulation (PADS 2010), Atlanta (GA), USA, 17-19 May 2010.
- D.Papadimitriou, P.Pedroso, and D.Careglio, “AnyTraffic Labeled Routing”, Proceedings of IEEE International Conference on Communications 2010 (ICC 2010), Cape Town, South Africa, 23-27 May 2010.
- P.Pedroso, O.Pedrola, D.Papadimitriou, D.Careglio, and M.Klinkowski, “AnyTraffic routing algorithm for label-based forwarding”, Proceedings of IEEE Global Communication Conference (GLOBECOM) 2009, Hawaii, USA, November 30 2009 – December 4 2009.
- W.Tavernier, D.Papadimitriou, B.Puype, D.Colle, M.Pickavet, and P.Demeester, “Fast Failure Detection in Multipoint Networks”, Proceedings of 9th IEEE International Workshop on IP Operations and Management (IPOM 2009), Venice, Italy, 29-30 October 2009.
- W.Tavernier, D.Papadimitriou, D.Colle, M.Pickavet, and P.Demeester, “Optimizing the IP router update process with traffic-driven updates”, Proceedings of 7th International Workshop on Design of Reliable Communication Networks (DRCN) 2009, Washington D.C., USA, 25-28 October 2009.