- Bachelors in Computer Science and Engineering from M.B.M. Engineering college, India.
- Masters in Computer Science from the Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur, India.
- Ph.D. in computer science from University of California at San Diego, USA.
Murray Hill, NJ, USA
Member of Technical Staff
AVINASH VYAS is a member of technical staff in Bell Labs’ Scalable Data Processing acitvity in Murray Hill, New Jersey. He joined Bell Labs in 2001 and since then has worked in various research groups: a) Network and Data Services, b) Computing and Software Principles Research. He did his Ph.D. from University of California, San Diego (2006-2011) under Prof. Alin Deutsch (ucsd) and Dr. Rick Hull (Bell Labs). Before joining Bell Labs, he was a graduate student at IIT Kanpur in India. During his masters he worked under the guidance of Dr. Deepak Gupta and Dr. Rajat Moona.
Avinash hails from the "sun-city" Jodhpur in Rajasthan, India which is famous for its traditions, food, handicrafts and rich cultural heritage. He also spent 10 years of his early childhood in Kota, Rajasthan which is now a big center of preparatory education for college bound students. He loves lively discussions about politics, sports and movies.
Honors and Awards
- Core Bell Labs Teamwork Award, Subscriber Profile Data Integration Team - 2006
- Lucent Chairman Award, Bell Labs - 2005
Selected Articles and Publications
- A Multi-Layer Dynamic Model for Customer Experience Analytics. BLTJ 18(4) 2014.
- Policy-aware Sender Anonymity for Location-based Services. ICDE 2010.
- Verification of Tree Updates for Optimization. CAV 2005.
- Adding Updates to XQuery: Semantics, Optimization and Static Analysis. XIME-P 2005.
- The Simplest XML Storage Manager Ever. XIME-P 2004.
- Enabling Context-Aware and Privacy-Conscious User Data Sharing. MDM 2004.
- Role-based Anonymization (Pending)
- XML Update Processor for an XQuery Processor (Pending)
- Automatic Exploration and Testing of Dynamic Websites (Granted)