- Ph.D. in telecommunications from the Technical University of Denmark, Denmark, 2014
- M.Sc. Eng. in teleinformatics from the Wroclaw University of Technology, Poland, 2008
Member of Technical Staff
Anna Wielgoszewska is a postdoctoral researcher at the Department of Small Cell Research at Bell Labs Alcatel-Lucent in Dublin, Ireland. She received the M.Sc. Eng. degree in information and communication technology from Wroclaw University of Technology, Poland and the Ph.D. degree from the Technical University of Denmark (DTU) in 2008 and 2014, respectively. Her research interests include multi-RAT and heterogeneous networks with the focus on resource management and Self-Organizing Networks. At DTU Anna served also as the vice-chair of the IEEE Student Branch and was involved in organizing numerous activities, including technical talks and paper contests. Prior to the Ph.D. studies, she was with NTT Communication Science Laboratories in Atsugi, Japan and the European Commission Joint Research Centre in Ispra, Italy. Anna was honoured with the Polish Ministry of Science and Higher Education Scholarship in the years 2005-2008 and recognized as the double finalist of the Google Anita Borg Memorial Scholarship in 2012 and 2013.
Honors and Awards
- Best Paper Award: ITU Kaleidoscope 2014
- Distinguished Technical Paper Award: OPNETWORK 2013
- Google Anita Borg Memorial Scholarship: Double finalist 2012 and 2013
- Polish Talents Scholarship 2007: One of the 66 scholarships granted to the students of computer science and telecommunication engineering by Polish Telecom- Telekomunikacja Polska S.A.
- Polish Ministry of Science and Higher Education Scholarship: Scholarship awarded annually in recognition of the scientific achievements, granted 3 times in the years 2005-2007.
Selected Articles and Publications
- A. Zakrzewska, S. Ruepp, M. S. Berger, "Towards Converged 5G Mobile Networks- Challenges and Current Trends", ITU-T Kaleidoscope 2014, St. Petersburg, Russia, June 2014.
- A. Zakrzewska, D. López-Pérez, S. Kucera, H. Claussen, "Dual Connectivity in LTE HetNets with Split Control- and User- Plane," 9th Broadband Wireless Access Workshop, IEEE Globecom 2013, Atlanta, USA, Dec. 2013.
- A. Zakrzewska, S. Ruepp, M. S. Berger, "RAT Selection and Resource Allocation in Heterogeneous Networks -OPNET Modeler in Optimization Studies," OPNETWORK 2013, Washington D. C., USA, Aug. 2013.
- A. Zakrzewska, A. Popovska Avramova, H. Christiansen, Y. Yan, A. Checko, A. Dogadaev, S. Ruepp, M. S. Berger, L. Dittmann, "A Framework for Joint Optical-Wireless Resource Management in Multi-RAT, Heterogeneous Mobile Networks", Workshop on Optical-Wireless Integrated Technology for Systems and Networks (OWITSN) 2013, IEEE ICC 2013, Budapest, Hungary, June 2013.
- A. Zakrzewska, F. D'Andreagiovanni, S. Ruepp, M. S. Berger, "Biobjective Optimization of Radio Access Technology Selection and Resource Allocation in Heterogeneous Wireless Networks", RAWNET/WNC3 2013, The 9th Inter. Workshop on Resource Allocation, Cooperation and Competition in Wireless Networks, WiOpt 2013, Tsukuba Science City, Japan, May 2013.
- A. Zakrzewska, S. Ruepp, M. S. Berger, "Cell Selection Using Recursive Bipartite Matching", INFOCOM Student Session, INFOCOM 2013, Turin, Italy, Apr. 2013.
- A. Zakrzewska, A. Popovska Avramova, S. Ruepp, M. S. Berger, L. Dittmann, "CSMA-based SON Mechanism for Greening Heterogeneous Networks", INFOCOM Student Session, INFOCOM 2013, Turin, Italy, Apr. 2013.
- A. Zakrzewska, V. B. Iversen, "Resource Sharing in Heterogeneous and Cloud Radio Access Networks", International Congress on Ultra Modern Telecommunications and Control Systems (ICUMT), pp 41-46, St. Petersburg, Russia, Oct. 2012.
- A. Zakrzewska, "Radio Resource Management in Heterogeneous Networks", Google Scholars' Retreat, Zurich, Switzerland, June 2012.