Zhou (Joe) Du is a senior standardization expert in Nokia Bell Labs with over a decade of research experience, ranging from research to standardization. He holds a Doctor of Science (Tech.) degree in Radio Engineering from Aalto University (formerly Helsinki University of Technology).
From September 2006 to December 2008, he was with the Department of Electronic Engineering/A.W.C Lab of Gyeongsang National University as a Research Assistant. From March 2009 to January 2015, he was with the Department of Radio Science and Engineering/SMARAD center of excellence as a researcher.
In February 2015, Zhou joined Nokia Bell Labs Espoo as a Microwave Radio Technology Specialist and later on as a technical project lead. Since March 2020, he is with the Nokia standardization group as a senior standardization specialist and 3GPP RAN4 delegate.
- D.Sc.(Tech.), Radio Engineering, Aalto University, Finland, 2009-2014
- M.Eng, Communication Engineering, Gyeongsang National University, South Korea, 2006-2008
Reviewer of several international journals.
Served as Technical Program Committee (TPC) member of:
- The 9th Global Symposium on Millimeter-Waves (GSMM2016)
- IEEE ICC2017 Workshop on Flexible Networks (FLEXNETS)
- IEEE WCNC2018 workshop on Flexible and Agile Networks (FLEXNETS)
- IEEE INFORCOM2019 Workshop on Flexible and Agile Networks: 5G and Beyond (FlexNets)
Co-Chair of Wireless Technologies Session in 47th European Microwave Conference (EuMC2017)