Tom Van Cutsem
I am a research expert and advisor on Web3 and Decentralized Systems in the Software and Data Systems Research Lab in Bell Labs, and associate professor of computer science at KU Leuven.
In prior roles as a Department Head I led the Software Systems Research and New Software Experiences departments, leading research on machine learning for software development / AI Pair Programming. Prior to that, I was a Senior Researcher in the Real-time Information Processing department where I helped architect World-wide streams (worldwidestreams.io), a large-scale geographically distributed stream processing platform.
PhD in Computer Science, Vrije Universiteit Brussel, Belgium, 2008 (Greatest distinction)
MSc in Computer Science, Vrije Universiteit Brussel, Belgium, 2004 (Greatest distinction)
- PC member, Onward! 2022 papers track
- PC member, SecDev 2021
- PC member, WWW 2018 (Track on Web Programming, Design, Analysis, and Implementation)
- Co-organizer, ProWeb 2018, International Workshop on Programming Technology for the Web, co-located with ACM <Programming> Conference 2018
- PC member, Engineering track of the 18th IEEE International Working Conference on Source Code Analysis and Manipulation (SCAM)
- PC member, 3rd workshop on Meta-Programming Techniques and Reflection (META’18), co-located with ACM SPLASH 2018
- PC member, International Conference on Object-oriented Programming, Systems, Languages and Applications (OOPSLA 2017)
- PC member, International workshop on Programming Technology for the Future Web (ProWeb 2017), co-located with <Programming> 2017 conference
- Founding Member, IFIP Working Group 2.16 on Programming Language Design
- PC member, ACM SIGPLAN Workshop on Meta-Programming Techniques and Reflection (META 2017), co-located with SPLASH 2017 conference
- PC member, ECOOP 2015, European conference on object-oriented Programming