I am currently a research engineer at Nokia Bell Labs France and an associate member of Laboratory of Information, Networking and Communication Sciences (LINCS). In 2012, I graduated from the computer science department of Huazhong University of Science and Technology (HUST) with Bachelor of Science degree. In October 2014, I obtained my Master of Science degree of computer and communication networks engineering from Politecnico di Torino (PoliTo), in Turin, Italy. From November 2014 to November 2017, I was a PhD candidate in a joint program between PoliTo and Telecom Italia, under the supervision of Prof. Paolo Giaccone and Dr. Pino Castrogiovanni. From June to August 2017, I was involved in a 3-month internship in Nokia Bell Labs (Paris), under the supervision of Dr. Massimo Gallo. From October 2017 to November 2019, I held a PostDoc position at LINCS, under a research grant from Telecom ParisTech and Cisco Systems. I had the pleasure to collaborate with Prof. Dario Rossi, Prof. Luigi Iannone, and Prof. Leonardo Linguaglossa. My research focused on Software Defined Networking (SDN), Network Function Virtualization (NFV), and High-speed packet processing. Currently, I am also highly interested in Machine/Deep Learning, Network Security, and Internet of Things (IoT).
Selected articles and publications
- Tianzhu Zhang, Han Qiu, Marco Mellia, Yuanjie Li, Hewu Li, and Ke Xu. "Interpreting AI for Networking: Where We Are and Where We Are Going". IEEE Communications Magazine, vol. 60, no. 2 (2022): 25-31.
- Han Qiu, Tianwei Zhang, Tianzhu Zhang, Hongyu Li, and Meikang Qiu. "Quantization as a Defense against Inference Slow-down Attack for Edge Computing". IEEE Internet of Things Journal (2022), doi: 10.1109/JIOT.2021.3138935.
- Tianzhu Zhang, Leonardo Linguaglossa, Paolo Giaccone, Luigi Iannone, and James Roberts. "Performance Benchmarking of State-of-the-Art Software Switches for NFV". Elsevier Computer Networks(2021): 107861.
- Tianzhu Zhang, Han Qiu, Leonardo Linguaglossa, Walter Cerroni, and Paolo Giaccone. "NFV Platforms: Taxonomy, Design Choices and Future Challenges," in IEEE Transactions on Network and Service Management, vol. 18, no. 1 (2020): 30-48.
- Tianzhu Zhang, Leonardo Linguaglossa, Massimo Gallo, Paolo Giaccone, and Dario Rossi. "FloWatcher-DPDK: lightweight line-rate flow-level monitoring in software." IEEE Transactions on Network and Service Management 16, no. 3 (2019): 1143-1156.
- Tianzhu Zhang, Carla Fabiana Chiasserini, and Paolo Giaccone. "TAME: An efficient task allocation algorithm for integrated mobile gaming." IEEE Systems Journal 13, no. 2 (2018): 1546-1557.
- Tianzhu Zhang, Paolo Giaccone, Andrea Bianco, and Samuele De Domenico. "The role of the inter-controller consensus in the placement of distributed SDN controllers." Elsevier Computer Communications 113 (2017): 1-13.
- Charles Shelbourne, Leonardo Linguaglossa, Tianzhu Zhang, and Aldo Lipani. "Inference of virtual network functions' state via analysis of the CPU behavior." ITC 33, 2021.
- Tianzhu Zhang, Leonardo Linguaglossa, Massimo Gallo, Paolo Giaccone, Luigi Iannone, and James Roberts. "Comparing the performance of state-of-the-art software switches for NFV." ACM CoNEXT, 2019.
- Charles Shelbourne, Leonardo Linguaglossa, Aldo Lipani, Tianzhu Zhang, and Fabien Geyer. "On the Learnability of Software Router Performance via CPU Measurements." ACM CoNEXT Student Workshop, 2019.
- Tianzhu Zhang, Leonardo Linguaglossa, Massimo Gallo, Paolo Giaccone, and Dario Rossi. "FlowMon-DPDK: Parsimonious per-flow software monitoring at line rate." IEEE/IFIP TMA, 2018.
- Tianzhu Zhang, Andrea Bianco, Paolo Giaccone, and Aliakbar Payandehdari Nezhad. "Dealing with misbehaving controllers in SDN networks." IEEE GLOBECOM, 2017.
- Tianzhu Zhang, Andrea Bianco, Paolo Giaccone, Seyedaidin Kelki, Nicolas Mejia Campos, and Stefano Traverso. "On-the-fly traffic classification and control with a stateful SDN approach." IEEE ICC, 2017.
- Tianzhu Zhang, Andrea Bianco, and Paolo Giaccone. "The role of inter-controller traffic in SDN controllers placement." IEEE NFV-SDN, 2016.