- Artificial Intelligence
- Biological Communications
- Machine Learning
- Materials Science
- Optical Devices
Shreyas Shah completed his B.S. in Biomedical Engineering and Ph.D. in Chemistry & Chemical Biology at Rutgers University. His doctoral research focused on developing nanomaterial-based approaches to manipulate cellular behaviors for applications in neural regeneration, drug delivery and optogenetics. His work has been published in various high impact peer-reviewed journals, and has received numerous awards and honors in recognition of his achievements. Shreyas was extended an offer to join Bell Labs to launch a pioneering new research program in Physiological Communications. He is currently exploring new methodologies to extend beyond vital sign monitoring towards real-time monitoring of human biochemistry.
PhD, Chemistry & Chemical Biology, Rutgers University, New Brunswick, NJ (2015)
B.S., Biomedical Engineering, Rutgers University, New Brunswick, NJ (2010)
Selected articles and publications
- Chuang, C.-Y.; Eggleston, M.S.; Shah, S*. "Monitoring Human Blood Flow Dynamics with Quantitative Speckle Variance Optical Coherence Tomography." 2021 IEEE Photonics Conference (IPC), pp. 1-2.
- Shah, S.*; Yu, C. -N.; Zheng, M.; Kim, H.; Eggleston, M.S. “Microparticle-based Biochemical Sensing using Optical Coherence Tomography and Deep Learning.” ACS Nano.(2021). 15: 9764-9774.
- Kim, H.; Yu, C.N.; Kennedy, W.; Eggleston, M.S.; Shah, S.* "Automated Monitoring for Optical Coherence Tomography-based Biosensing Using Deep Learning," 2020 IEEE Photonics Conference (IPC), pp. 1-2, doi: 10.1109/IPC47351.2020.9252523.
- Shah, S.*; Zheng, M.; Eggleston, M.S. “Remote Monitoring of Microparticle Biosensors Using Optical Coherence Tomography.” 2020 IEEE Photonics Conference (IPC), pp. 1-2, doi: 10.1109/IPC47351.2020.9252484.
- Shah, S.; Solanki, A.; Lee, K.B. “Nanotechnology-based Approaches for Guiding Neural Regeneration.” Accounts of Chemical Research. (2016). 49:17-26.
- Shah, S.; Liu, J.; Pasquale, N.; Lai, J.; McGowan, H.; Pang, Z.P.; Lee, K.B. “Hybrid Upconversion Nanomaterials for Optogenetic Neuronal Control.” Nanoscale. (2015). 7:16571-77.
- Kim, T.H.; Shah, S.; Yang, L.; Yin, P.Y.; Hossain, M.; Conley, B.; Choi, J.W.; Lee, K.B. “Controlling Differentiation of Adipose-derived Stem Cells using Combinatorial Graphene Hybrid-Pattern Arrays.” ACS Nano. (2015). 9:3780-90.
- Shah, S.; Yin, P.Y.; Uehara, T.M.; Chueng, S.T.; Yang, L.; Lee, K.B. “Guiding Stem Cell Differentiation into Oligodendrocytes using Graphene-Nanofiber Hybrid Scaffolds.” Advanced Materials.(2014). 26:3673-80.
- Shah, S.; Sasmal, P.K.; Lee, K.B. “Photo-triggerable Hydrogel-Nanoparticle Hybrid Scaffolds for Remotely Controlled Drug Delivery.” Journal of Materials Chemistry B.(2014). 2:7685-93.