NICO VERZIJP is a senior researcher in the Bell Labs Networked Applications & Devices program. He started his career as a software developer and worked on several network products. In 2005, he joined Research and was actively involved in several European research projects (MUSE, RUBENS, FascinatE). In 2009 he took up the technical lead for a venture proposal on interactive video services, which originated from a Bell Labs entrepreneurial boot camp. Currently, he turned his focus to web performance (HTTP 2.0, Open Web Platform).
Selected articles and publications
- M. Prins, O. Niamut, R. van Brandenburg, J.-F. Macq, P. Rondao Alface, N. Verzijp, “A hybrid architecture for delivery of panoramic video”, Proceedings of EuroITV2013, June 24-26, 2013, Como Italy, Best Paper Honorable Mention Award.
- Patrice Rondao Alface, Jean-Francois Macq, Nico Verzijp, “Interactive Omni-directional Video Delivery: a Bandwidth-Effective Approach”, Bell Labs Technical Journal 16(4): 135-147 (2012).
- O. Niamut, J.F. Macq, M.J. Prins, R. Van Brandenburg, N. Verzijp, P. Rondao Alface, “Towards Scalable And Interactive Delivery of Immersive Media”, Proceedings of the NEM Summit, pp. 69—74, Istambul, Turkey, 16-18 October 2012
- Patrice Rondao Alface, Jean-Francois Macq, Nico Verzijp, "Evaluation of Bandwidth Performance for Interactive Spherical Video", in Proceedings of IEEE ICME Workshop on Multimedia-Aware Networking, Barcelona, Spain, July 11-15, 2011, Best Paper Award.
Honors & Awards
- Best Paper Award at ICME 2011 Workshops, "Evaluation of Bandwidth Performance for Interactive Spherical Video"