- Researcher at Bell Labs Since 2001.
- MTS, Bell-Core, Telcordia Technology, 1992 to 2001.
- Ph.D (Computer Science), Colorado State University.
- M.E. (Computer Science), Anna University, India.
- B.E (Electrical Engineering), Madras University, India.
Selected articles and publications
B. Ramanan, L. Drabeck, M. Haner, N. Nithi, T. Klein, and C. Sawkar, Cacheability Analysis of HTTP Traffic in an Operational LTE Network, 12th Annual IEEE World Telecommunications Symposium (WTS 2013), Apr 17-19, 2013, Phoenix, Arizona, USA.
N. Nithi and A. J. de Lind van Wijngaarden, Smart Power Management for Mobile Handsets, Bell Labs Technical Journal, 15(4), 2011, pp. 149-168.
A. Buvaneswari, L. Drabeck, N. Nithi, M. Haner, P. Polakos and C. Sawkar, Self-Optimization of LTE Networks Utilizing Celnet Xplorer, Bell Labs Technical Journal, 15(6), 2010, pp. 19-118.
N. Nithi, C. Nuzman, and B. Y. C. Tang, Network Capacity Recovery and Efficient Capacity Deployment in Switching Centers, Bell Labs Technical Journal, 9(4), 2005, pp. 83-100.
P. Risbood, C. Nuzman, N. Nithi, and S. Patel, ROADM Enabled Optimization in WDM Rings, Proc. Optical Fiber Commun. Conf. (OFC2005), OWG1, March 2005.
C. Nuzman, K. Kumaran, N. Nithi, I. Saniee, D. Levy, and P. Mitev, Effects of Modularity and Connectivty on OADM Deployment in Ring Networks, Proc. Optical Fiber Commun. Conf. (OFC 2003), WH5, pp. 360-361, March 2003.
- S. Dalal, A. Jain, N. Nithi, J. Leaton, C. Lott, G. Patton and B. Horowitz, Model based testing in Practice, Int’l Conference on Software Engineering (ICSE ’99),Los Angles, USA, May 16-22, 1999, pp. 285-294.
J. Alspector, A. Kolcz and N. Nithi, Feature-based and Clique-based User Models for Movie Selection: A Comparative Study, User Modeling and User-Adapted Interaction: An International Journal,Vol. 7, May 1997, pp. 279-304.
N. Nithi and T. Carpenter, SONET Ring Sizing with Genetic Algorithms, Int'l Journal on Computing and Operations Research, April 1997, pp. 581-591.
Y. K. Malaiya, N. Nithi, and P. Verma, Predictability of Software Reliability Models, IEEE Transactions on Reliability, Vol. 41, No. 4, Dec. 1992, pp. 539-546.
N. Nithi, D. Whitley and Y. K. Malaiya, Prediction of Software Reliability Using Connectionist Approaches, IEEE Transactions on Software Eng., Vol. 18, No. 7, July 1992, pp. 563-574.
N. Nithi, D. Whitley and Y. K. Malaiya, Using Neural Networks in Reliability Prediction, IEEE Software, Vol. 9, No. 4, July 1992, pp. 53-59.
- Method and Apparatus of Smart Power Management for Mobile Communication Terminals using Power Thresholds (9,374,787)
- System and Method for Prioritizing Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) Messages. (7,660,321)
- System and Method for Reducing Switching Overhead in a Communication Network. (7,492,725)
- Methods and Appratus for Constructing Switch Arrays for Routing of Optical Signals so as to Minimize Power Dissipation. (7,283,745)
- Methods and Appratus for Control of Optical Switching Arrays. (7,050,668)
- System and Method for Generating Year 2000 Test Cases. (6,041,330)