Hyunseok Chang has been with Bell Labs since 2009 working on systems research related to distributed cloud archcitectures, software defined networking, high-performance data center networking, and IoT. Prior to joining Bell Labs, Chang was a software architect at a technology startup specialized in over-the-top live media streaming.
- Ph.D. in Computer Science and Engineering, University of Michigan
- M.S.E. in Computer Science and Engineering, University of Michigan
- B.S. in Electrical Engineering, Seoul National University, Korea (R.O.K)
Selected articles and publications
- R. Li, M. Du, Z. Wang, H. Chang, S. Mukherjee, Eric Eide, "LongTale: Toward Automatic Performance Anomaly Explanation in Microservices", best paper award (research track), ACM/SPEC ICPE 2022.
- H. Chang, M. Varvello, F. Hao, S. Mukherjee, "Can You See Me Now? A Measurement Study of Zoom, Webex, and Meet", best paper runner-up, ACM IMC 2021.
- H. Chang, F. Hao, T.V. Lakshman, S. Mukherjee, L. Wang, "Cache-Friendly IP Reassembly Network Function", ACM SOSR, 2020.
- Z. Zaheer, H. Chang, S. Mukherjee, J. Van der Merwe, "EZTrust: Network-Independent Zero-Trust Perimeterization for Microservices", ACM SOSR 2019.
- H. Chang, M. Kodialam, T.V. Lakshman, S. Mukherjee, "Microservice Fingerprinting and Classification using Machine Learning", IEEE ICNP 2019.
- J. Cho, H. Chang, S. Mukherjee, T.V. Lakshman, J. Van deer Merwe, "Typhoon: An SDN-Enhanced Real-time Big Data Framework", ACM CoNEXT 2017.
- Y. Le, H. Chang, S. Mukherjee, L. Wang, A. Akella, M. Swift, T.V. Lakshman, "UNO: Unifyong Host and Smart NIC Offload for Flexible Packet Proceessing", ACM SoCC 2017.
- D. Yun, H. Chang, T.V. Lakshman, "Accelerating Vision-based 3D Indoor Localization by Distributing Image Processing over Space and Time", ACM Virtual Reality Software and Technology, 2014.
- H. Chang, A. Hari, S. Mukherjee, T. V. Lakshman, "Bringing the Cloud to the Edge", IEEE INFOCOM 2014 Workshop on Mobile Cloud Computing, 2014.
- H. Chang, M. Kodialam, T. V. Lakshman, S. Mukherjee, L. Wang, "Building Access-Oblivious Cloud Storage for Enterprise", USENIX Workshop on Hot Topics in Management of Internet, Cloud, and Enterprise Networks and Services, 2012.
- W. Wang, H. Chang, A. Goodman, E. Wucherer, S. Jamin, "Managing Digital Rights for P2P Live Broadcast and Recording on the Internet", IEEE/ACM Transactions on Multimedia, 2012.
- H. Chang, M. Kodialam, R. R. Kompella, T. V. Lakshman, M. Lee, S. Mukherjee, "Scheduling in MapReduce-like Systems for Fast Completion Time", IEEE INFOCOM 2011.
- H. Chang, S. Jamin, W. Wang, "Live Streaming with Receiver-based Peer-division Multiplexing", IEEE/ACM Transactions on Networking, 2011.
- H. Chang, A. Hari, S. Mukherjee, T.V. Lakshman, "Design and Architecture of a Software Defined Proximity Cloud," Advances in Mobile Cloud Computing Systems, CRC Press, 2015.
- "Ad Hoc Service Switch-based Control oF Ad Hoc Networking", US 11,363,653 B2.
- "Splicing Concurrent Connections into a High Availability Session", US 10,848,367 B2.
- "Acknowledgement and Packet Retransmission for Spliced Streams", US 10,841,040 B2.
- "Service Automation for IoT Devices Using P4", US 10,834,240 B2.
- "Accelerated Image Processing", US 9,392,293 B2.
- "Localization Systems and Methods", US 9,154,919 B2.
- "Scheduling MapReduce-like Systems for Fast Completion Time", US 9,104,477 B2.