Fanny Jardel is a member of technical staff in Access lab, Nokia Bell Labs. Dr. Jardel received a joint M.S. degree in digital communications in 2012 from Telecom ParisTech (ENST) and the graduate school ENSEA, France. She received the Ph.D. degree in communications and electronics in 2016 from Telecom ParisTech. Her Ph.D. research work was funded by CEA Saclay.
Before joining Bell Labs, she was a post-doctoral fellow at Telecom ParisTech from January to June 2016. After that, she was a research engineer at Nokia Bell Labs Stuttgart as a member of the IP and optical networks group.
Her research interests are coding and information theory in general, more precisely, her research topics are low-density parity-check codes, iterative decoding, modulation formats, coding for diversity, erasure channels, distributed storage, and lattice codes.
- Ph.D. degree from Télécom ParisTech and CEA Nano-Innov, Paris.
Ph.D. in Digital Communications, January 2016.
Thesis : Distributed coding and computing for networks.
- M.S. degree from Télécom ParisTech.
Master of engineering in communicating systems and digital communication systems, 2012.
Selected articles and publications
- Fanny Jardel, Tobias A. Eriksson, Cyril Measson, Amirhossein Ghazisaeidi, Fred Buchali, Wilfried Idler, and Joseph J. Boutros, "Experiments and Shaping Tradeoffs for Long-Haul Transmissions," submitted to IEEE J. Lightwave Technol., January 2018.
- Fanny Jardel and Joseph J. Boutros, "Edge Coloring in Product Code Graphs for Distributed Storage," IEEE Transactions on Information Theory, Vol. 63, no. 3, pp. 1439-1462, March 2017.
- Fanny Jardel, Tobias A. Eriksson, Fred Buchali, Wilfried Idler, Amirhossein Ghazisaeidi, Cyril Measson, and Joseph J. Boutros, "Experimental Comparison of 64-QAM and Combined Geometric-Probabilistic Shaped 64-QAM," highly ranked, 43rd European Conference on Optical Communication (ECOC), Gothenburg, Sept. 2017.
- Laurent Schmalen, Vahid Aref, and Fanny Jardel, "Non-Uniformly Coupled LDPC Codes : Better Thresholds, Smaller Rate-loss, and Less Complexity," 2017 IEEE International Symposium on Information Theory (ISIT), Aachen, June 2017.
- Joseph J. Boutros, Fanny Jardel, and Cyril Measson, "Probabilistic Shaping and Non-Binary Codes," 2017 IEEE International Symposium on Information Theory (ISIT), Aachen, June 2017.
- Joseph J. Boutros, Nicola Di Pietro, and Fanny Jardel, "Convolutional Lattices," 50th Asilomar Conference on Signals, Systems, and Computers, Nov. 2016.
- Fanny Jardel, Joseph J. Boutros, and Mireille Sarkiss, "Stopping sets for MDS-based product codes," 2016 IEEE International Symposium on Information Theory (ISIT), Barcelona, July 2016.
- Fanny Jardel, Joseph J. Boutros, Volkan Dedeoglu, Mireille Sarkiss, and Ghaya Rekaya-Ben Othman, "Spatial Coupling for Distributed Storage and Diversity Applications,"The 5 th IEEE International Conference on Communications and Networking (ComNet), Hammamet, 2015.
- Volkan Dedeoglu, Fanny Jardel, and Joseph J. Boutros, "Spatial Coupling of Root-LDPC : Parity Bits Doping," 22nd IEEE International Conference on Telecommunications (ICT), Sydney, 2015.
- Fanny Jardel and Joseph J. Boutros, "Non-Uniform Spatial Coupling," 2014 IEEE Information Theory Workshop (ITW), pp. 446-450, Hobart, 2014.