EMMANUEL MARILLY is a research engineer in the IP Platforms Research Program at Alcatel-Lucent Bell Labs in Nozay, France. He received a Ph.D. degree in computer science at the University of Le Havre in Normandy, France. Prior to his tenure with Alcatel-Lucent, he was an assistant professor in computer science at the University of Le Havre. For the past 11 years, he has been respectively with Alcatel Research and Innovation (R&I) and Alcatel-Lucent Bell Labs and has worked on network diagnosis, network management, service level agreement (SLA) management, TV/DVB-H, converged applications coupling fixed and mobile devices, video authoring and computer vision.
He is involved in the Eureka ITEA2 "Empathic Product" external project that aims to achieve better experience by applying affective computing technologies to understand and respond to user intentions, attention and emotions.
He is author or co-author of several patents and research papers. He is a member of the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE).
1999 PhD Computer Science (University of Le Havre/Normandy, France)
Title : Foveal Visual Pre-processor : Application to the active vision
Key words : Artificial retina, Foveal vision, Spatio-temporal filtering, Neural networks, Image processing, Signal processing, Wigner-Ville, Velocity vector extraction, Pattern recognition, Tracking, Machine Learning.
Selected articles and publications
- Emmanuel Marilly, Arnaud Gonguet, Olivier Martinot, Frédérique Pain: Gesture Interactions With Video: From Algorithms to User Evaluation. Bell Labs Technical Journal 17(4): 103-118 (2013)
- Adam Ghorbel, Marwen Nouri, Emmanuel Marilly: Gradient Color Tensor based Approach for Spectral Matting. VISAPP (1) 2013: 426-430
- Alaeddine Mihoub, Emmanuel Marilly: Smart Video Orchestration for Immersive Communication. VISAPP (1) 2013: 752-756
- Fabien Diot, Élisa Fromont, Baptiste Jeudy, Emmanuel Marilly, Olivier Martinot: Graph Mining for Object Tracking in Videos. ECML/PKDD (1) 2012: 394-409
- Marwen Nouri, Emmanuel Marilly, Olivier Martinot, Nicole Vincent: Dynamic Weighting based Active Curve Propagation Method for Video Object Selection. VISAPP (1) 2012: 5-11
- Emmanuel Marilly, Christophe Senot, Xavier Andrieu, Bertrand Boidart, Armen Aghasaryan, Alexis Germaneau: Community-based applications. Bell Labs Technical Journal 15(4): 93-109 (2011)
- Marwen Nouri, Emmanuel Marilly, Nicole Vincent: Moving object selection based on an active curve approach. ICIP 2011: 813-816
- Juan R. Velasco, Marc Roelands, Dries De Roeck, Rob Moonen, Lieven Trappeniers, Miguel A. López-Carmona, Ivan Marsá-Maestre, Emmanuel Marilly, Noël Crespi, Yacine Ghamri-Doudane: Do-it-yourself creation of pervasive, tangible applications. Tangible and Embedded Interaction 2011: 361-364