Claire Besançon received her Ph.D degree in photonics from the University of Grenoble Alpes, France, in 2020. She was working on the growth, fabrication and characterization of III-V laser sources onto silicon within the European Project H2020 PICTURE (https://picture-h2020.eu/). Since March 2020, she is a MOVPE researcher at Nokia Bell Labs, III-V Lab. Her current research activities focus on the development of PICs in the silicon photonics platform using advanced regrowth techniques such as Selective Area Growth (SAG), Butt-Joint regrowth (BJ) or Semi-Insulating Buried Heterostructure (SIBH).
- Ph.D in Photonics from University of Grenoble Alpes
- MSc in Physics from Grenoble Institute of Technology (Phelma INP-Grenoble)
- MSc in Photonics/Semiconductor from University Grenoble Alpes
Selected articles and publications
- C. Besancon et al., “AlGaInAs MQW Laser Regrowth on Heterogenerous InP-on-SOI : Performance for Different Silicon Cavity Designs,” in 2021 Optical Fiber Communications Conference and Exhibition (OFC), 2021.
- C. Besancon et al., “Laser Array Covering 155 nm Wide Spectral Band Achieved by Selective Area Growth on Silicon Wafer,” in Proceedings of European Conference on Optical Communication (ECOC), 2020.
- C. Besancon et al., “Comparison of AlGaInAs-Based Laser Behavior Grown on Hybrid InP-SiO₂/Si and InP Substrates,” IEEE Photonics Technol. Lett., vol. 32, no. 8, pp. 469–472, Apr. 2020.
- C. Besancon et al., “Epitaxial Growth of High-Quality AlGaInAs-Based Active Structures on a Directly Bonded InP-SiO2/Si Substrate,” Physica Status Solidi (A) Applications and Materials Science Phys., vol. 217, no. 3, p. 190052, Feb. 2020.