- Distributed Systems & Controls
- Dynamic Cloud
- Machine Learning
- Network Architecture & Design
- Network Security
- Software Engineering
I'm senior researcher and technical leader in NFV and SDN orchestration, machine learning and automation in Nokia Bell Labs. I received a MSc and Ph.D. degrees from the INSA de Lyon in France, in 1990 and 1994 respectively, on automation of energy systems. In 1999, I received a MSc on software engineering from Ecole de Technologie Supérieure of Montreal in Canada. My professional experience of over 20 years, on information systems and telecommunications, energy efficiency, software engineering, cloud computing, data mining, NFV micro services and SDN orchestration and automation, is mainly acquired in France and Canada in R&D teams (Alcatel, Nextenso, Alcatel-Lucent, Hydro-Quebec, UTILICASE and SCII Technology), in research laboratories in Lyon (INSA), Montreal (ETS, CRIM) and Paris Saclay(Nokia Bell labs).
I am author and co-author of several papers and patents:
Skills: Research, Security, Machine learning, Control system, Intelligent Control Systems, Orchestration, SDN, Cloud computing, Kubernetes, docker, Software Engineering, IMS Applications and Enablers, Energy efficiency, .
- 2009 – 2010 - Entrepreneurial Boot camp program, ESCP Europe / ESCP-EAP, France
- 1997 – 1999 - Master, Software Engineering, Université du Québec - École de Technologie supérieure, Montreal, Canada
- 1990 – 1994 - Doctor of Philosophy (PhD), Heat science and Energy engineering, Institut national des Sciences appliquées de Lyon, France
- 1989 – 1990 - Master (DEA), Heat Transfer, Institut national des Sciences appliquées de Lyon
- Research and Technical project management, Bell Labs, France
- Security Engineering Manager and Product Security Prime in IMS products R&D, Alcatel-lucent, France
- Senior Software Engineering Consultant, Interpro consulants and SCII technology, Montreal, Canada
- Assistant professor on security of information systems, IUT, Orsay, France
- Researcher and Assistant professor on network and telecommunications, Ecole de Technologie Supérieure, Montreal, Canada
- Researcher and Assistant professor on energy and thermal sciences, National Institut of Applied Sciences, Lyon, France
Selected articles and publications
- El Hocine Bouzidi, Abdelkader Outtagarts, Rami Langar, Raouf Boutaba, Dynamic Clustering of Software Defined Network Switches and Controller placement using Deep Reinforcement Learning , Computer Networks Journal, Volume 207, 22 April 2022.
- Ghina Dandachi, Yassine Hadjadj-Aoul, andAbdelkader Outtagarts, On combining Reinforcement Learning and MonteCarlo for Dynamic Virtual Network Embedding, IEEE LCN 2021
- El Hocine Bouzidi,Abdelkader Outtagarts, Rami Langar, Raouf Boutaba, Deep Q-Network and Traffic Prediction based Routing Optimization in Software Defined Networks, Elsevier Journal of Network Computer Applications (JNCA) , Volume 192, 15 October 2021
- Anouar Rkhami, Yassine Hadjadj-Aoul, Gerardo Rubino,Abdelkader Outtagarts,MonGNN: A Neuroevolutionary-Based Solution for 5G Network Slices Monitoring, IEEE LCN 2021
- Nazih Salhab , Rami Langar , Rana Rahim , Sylvain Cherrier andAbdelkader Outtagarts,5G Autonomous Network Slicing Prototype using Machine Learning based forecasting, IEEE Communication Magazine, p. 73 - 79 ,June 2021
- Anouar Rkhami, Yassine Hadjadj-Aoul, Gerardo Rubino,Abdelkader Outtagarts,On the Use of Machine Learning and Network Tomography for Network Slices Monitoring, IEEE HPSR'21 (Best paper award)
- Anouar Rkhami, Yassine Hadjadj-Aoul, Abdelkader Outtagarts, Learn to improve: A novel deep reinforcement learning approach for 5G network slices resource allocation problem, IEEE CNCC 2021
- Pham Tran Anh Quang, Yassine Hadjadj-Aoul, Abdelkader Outtagarts, On Using Deep Reinforcement Learning for VNFForwarding Graphs Placement, IEEE NoF 2020
- El Hocine Bouzidi, Abdelkader Outtagarts, Abdelkrim Hebbar, Rami Langar, Raouf Boutaba, Online based learning for predictive end-to-end network slicing in 5G networks, 2020 IEEE International Conference on Communications (ICC 2020)
- Pham Tran Anh Quang, Yassine Hadjadj-Aouly, Abdelkader Outtagarts, Evolutionary Actor-Multi-Critic Model for VNF-FG Embedding, IEEE CCNC 2020
- Anouar Rkhami, Tran Anh Quang Pham, Yassine Hadjadj-Aoul, Abdelkader Outtagarts, Gerardo Robino, On the Use of Graph Neural Networks for Virtual Network Embedding, IEEE 2020 International Symposium on Networks, Computers and Communications (ISNCC): Network Function Virtualization and Software Defined Networks.
- El Hocine Bouzidi, Abdelkader Outtagarts, Rami Langar, Deep Reinforcement Learning Application for Network Latency Management in Software Defined Networks, IEEE Global Communications Conference (Globecom 2019), 6p.
- Quang Pham tran anh, Yassine Hadjadj-Aoul, Abdelkader Outtagarts, A deep reinforcement learning approach for VNF Forwarding Graph Embedding, IEEE Transactions on Network and Service Management 16 (4), 1318-1331
- Duc-Hung Luong, Abdelkader Outtagarts, Yacine Ghamri-Doudane, Multi-level Resource Scheduling for Network Slicing Toward 5G, 10-th International Conference on the Network of the Future (NoF 1019), 25-31
- Makram Bouzid, Duc-Hung Luong, Dimitre Kostadinov, Yue Jin, Lorenzo Maggi, Abdelkader Outtagarts, Armen Aghasaryan, Cooperative AI-based e2e Network Slice Scaling, INFOCOM 2019, 959-960
- Pham Tran Anh Quang, Yassine Hadjadj-Aouly, Abdelkader Outtagarts,Evolutionary Actor-Multi-Critic Model for VNF-FG Embedding,IEEE CCNC 2020
- El Hocine Bouzidi, Hung Luong, Abdelkader Outtagart, Abdelkrim Hebbar, Rami Langar, Online-based Learning for Predictive Network Latency in Software-defined Network, IEEE Global Communications Conference (GLOBECOM), 8-13 Dec 2018, Abu-Dhabi, United Arab Emirates.
- Quang Pham tran anh, Yassine Hadjadj-Aoul, Abdelkader Outtagarts,Deep Reinforcement Learning based QoS-aware Routing in Knowledge-defined networking, QSHINE 2018, December 3-4, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam.
- Duc-Hung Luong, Huu-Trung Thieu, Abdelkader Outtagarts, Yacine Ghamri-Doudane, Predictive Autoscaling Orchestration for Cloud-native Telecom Microservices, IEEE 5G World Forum 2018, July 2018
- Duc-Hung Luong, Huu-Trung Thieu, Abdelkader Outtagarts, Yacine Ghamri-Doudane, Cloudification and Autoscaling Orchestration for Container-based Mobile Networks Toward 5G: Experimentation, Challenges and Perspectives, IEEE VTC 2018, June 2018.
- Duc-Hung Luong, Huu Trung Thieu, Abdelkader Outtagarts, Bruno Mongazon-Cazavet, Telecom Microservices Orchestration, Netsoft 2017- IEEE Conference on Network Softwarization, Bologna, p. 1-2.
- Duc-Hung Luong, Abdelkader Outtagarts, Abdelkrim Hebbar, Traffic Monitoring in Software Defined Networks Using Opendaylight Controller, International Conference on Mobile, Secure and Programmable Networking, p. 38-48, 2016.
- Abdelkader Outtagarts, Laurent Roullet, Bruno Mongazon-Cazavet, Aravinthan Gopalasingham - When IT meets Telco : RAN as a Service (accepted), 8th IEEE/ACM International Conference on Utility and Cloud Computing, p. 422-423, 7-10 december, 2015.
- Abdelkader Outtagarts, Sylvain Squedin, Olivier Martinot -Cloud-based Automatic Video Editing Using Keywords, E-Business ans Telecommunications, Communication in Computing and Information Science, Volume 455, 2014, pp 228-241, Springer-Verlag
- Abdelkader Outtagarts, Aderrazagh Mbodj - Automatic Video Programming using LSA and Audio Transcript, IEEE International Symposium on Broadband Multimedia Systems and Broadcasting, Brunel University, Uxbridge, West London June 4, 2013
- Abdelkader Outtagarts, Aderrazagh Mbodj-A Cloud-based Collaborative and Automatic Video Editor (Irvine, California), IEEE International Symposium on Multimedia (IEEE Computer Science Society) December 10, 2012.
- Abdelkader Outtagarts, Sylvain Squedin, Olivier Martinot - Keyword-based Automatic Multimedia Authoring in The Cloud (Rome, Italy), SIGMAP 2012, the International Conference on Signal Processing and Multimedia Applications July 24, 2012
- Abdelkader Outtagarts, Olivier Martinot - iSSEE: IMS Sensors Search Engine Enabler for Sensors Mashups, IJCSI International Journal of Computer Science Issues November 2009
- Abdelkader Outtagarts - Mobile Agent-based Applications : a Survey, IJCSNS International Journal of Computer Science and Network Security November 2009
- Abdelkader Outtagarts, Michel Kadoch -Client-Server and mobile agent : performances comparative study in the management of MIBs, First International Workshop on Mobile Agents for Telecommunication Applications October 6, 1999