Friedrich-Alexander-University, Erlangen-Nuernberg, Germany Jul. 2008-Jul.2012
Ph.D., Electrical Engineering.
Dissertation Title: “Contributions to Digital Predistortion of Radio-Frequency Power
Amplifiers for Wireless Applications,“
University Stuttgart, Stuttgart, Germany Oct. 2002-Aug.2006
Master of Science, Electrical Engineering.
Zhejiang University, Zhejiang, China Sep.1997 – Jul.2001
Bachelor of Science, Electrical Engineering.
Xin Yu was born in Shanghai, China, in 1978. He received the M.S. degree in electrical engineering at the University of Stuttgart, Stuttgart, Germany and the Ph.D. degree from University of
Erlangen-Nuernberg Germany. He is an employee in Alcatel-Lucent Bell Labs in Stuttgart, Germany. His research interests include wireless communication, modeling and compensation of nonlinear effects in transmitter, and optical link.
Research on signal conditioning
• Modeling of power amplifiers with memory effects for UMTS and LTE applications
• Developing digital predistortion (DPD) algorithms for single band and multi-bands
• Developing I/Q Imbalance compensation for zero IF transmitter
• Developing algorithms for Peak to average power (PAPR) reduction
Research on high efficiency high performance transmitters
• Developing signal conditioning algorithm for high efficiency PA such as Envelope
Tracking and Digital Doherty
• Optimization of transmitter efficiency regarding wireless traffic load
Research on all digital transceivers
• Investigation of signal modulation methods (DSM, PWM)
• Developing digital predistortion for switch mode power amplifier (SMPA)
• VHDL programming for signal conditionings with Virtex 6, ML605 evaluation board