Dr. Wesemann was born in Ludwigsfelde/Germany. He received the Dipl.-Ing. (Master) in Information Systems Engineering in 2006, and the Dr.-Ing. (PhD) in Electrical Engineering, both from Dresden University of Technology. Between 2007 and 2010, he worked for Signalion GmbH (now National Instruments) in 4G test equipment development, before joining Bell Labs in 2014.
Currently Dr. Wesemann serves as a core team member of the FutureCell (FCell) project where he is responsible for the physical layer signal processing. Besides these activities, he became part of the Next Generation Wireless Systems department in 2016 where he works on advanced channel estimation and precoding techniques for Massive MIMO systems, and receiver algorithm design for 5G mmWave proof-of-concepts.
FutureCell project wins the 2016 CTIA E-Tech Award in the category Wide Area Networks (5G, 4G, LTE Advanced)
- S. Wesemann and T. Marzetta, "Channel Training for Analog FDD Repeaters: Optimal Estimators and Cramér-Rao Bounds", submitted to IEEE Transactions on Signal Processing, October 2016, https://arxiv.org/abs/1610.03260
- S. Wesemann and G. Fettweis, "Distributed Asynchronous Optimization Framework for the MISO Interference Channel", IEEE Transactions on Signal Processing, November 2014, https://arxiv.org/abs/1404.3525
Demonstrations, Conferences and Workshops
- FutureCell prototype demonstration at Future X Days, Sunnyvale, California, September 21-23, 2016
- FutureCell prototype demonstration at Claude Shannon Centennial Conference, Murray Hill, New Jersey, April 28-29, 2016
- S. Wesemann, "Semi-Blind Estimation of FDD Massive MIMO Channels using Correlative Coded Analog Feedback", ITG/IEEE Workshop on Smart Antennas, March 2016
- S. Wesemann, W. Rave and G. Fettweis, ”Unifying Viewpoints on Distributed Asynchronous Optimization for MISO Interference Channels”, IEEE International Workshop on Signal Processing Advances in Wireless Communications, June 2014, invited Paper
- S. Wesemann and G. Fettweis, ”Convergence Analysis of the Simplified Distributed Interference Pricing in MIMO Networks”, IEEE International Symposium on Personal, Indoor and Mobile Radio Communications, September 2013
- S. Wesemann and G. Fettweis, ”Decentralized Formation of Uplink CoMP Clusters based on Affinity Propagation”, IEEE International Symposium on Wireless Communication Systems, August 2012
- S. Wesemann, W. Rave and G. Fettweis, ”Decentralized Intercell Interference Coordination for Fair Resource Allocation in Large-Scale Networks”, ITG/IEEE Workshop on Smart Antennas, March 2012
- S. Wesemann, W. Rave and G. Fettweis, ”Combinatorial Advantages due to Joint Resource Allocation in Uplink CoMP Systems”, IEEE International Symposium on Wireless Communication Systems, November 2011
- W. Ying, J. Oostveen, A. Filippi and S. Wesemann, ”A Novel Preamble Scheme for Packet-Based OFDM WLAN”, IEEE Wireless Communications and Networking Conference, March 2007
- S. Wesemann, "Distributed Asynchronous Beamforming for the MISO Interference Channel", Ph.D. thesis, Dresden University of Technology, Germany, 2014