PhD, University of Pittsburgh, PA, USA
· Distinguished Member of Technical Staff at Bell Laboratories.
· Best paper nomination—IEEE Transactions on Advanced Packaging, 2007.
· Guest Editor Journal of Selected Topics In Quantum Electronics, Vol. 12, Issue 5, 2006.
· Bell Labs President’s Gold Award Winner 2000 (Wavestar Lambda Router OXC Team).
· Bell Labs President’s Silver Award Winner 1999 (Amplifier Technology Project).
· 1999 E&ET Achievement Award—Innovation Award (Next Gen. Pump Laser Package).
· BCS—a) The 1999 President’s Award for Team Excellence and b) Grows Award (Sapporo Project—High-speed optical demultiplexer).
· ME-Opto Grows Award 1998 (NTT Project—Waveguide based Transceiver).
. First rank student during all five years of undergraduate studies. Recipient of 3 gold medals and 3 prizes to distinguish highest ranking in mechanical engineering
Has more than fifty publications in various journals and conference proceedings
Co-editor; "Optoelectronic Packaging," Wiley Intersicence, 1997
“Solder Assembly for Optoelectronic Packaging,” Encyclopedia of Materials: Science and Technology, Elsevier Science Limited, Oxford, UK, 2001.
“Mechanical methods for free space passive alignment,” in “Passive Micro-Optical Alignment Methods”, edited by Boudreau and Boudreau, CRC Publications, 2005.