I'm a researcher in the Wireless Networks program in Bell Labs Antwerp. Currently I'm focused on software architectures for the Long Term Evolution (LTE). Previously, I was working on a novel operating system prototype, Osprey, tailored for high-performace and real-time computing. In 2009 and 2010 I was a postdoc in the Computer Systems group at Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam where I was working on middleware and operating system support for a large-scale Grid. In 2009 I received a Ph.D. degree in computer science from Trinity College Dublin, Ireland. In 2004 I received an M.Sc. degree in computer science from both University of Warsaw and Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam.
Note: At the end of April 2014 I'm moving to the IP Division in Mountain View, CA. I'm going to work there on the SR-OS operating system for high-performance routers.
Selected Articles and Publications
These are my favourite publications. A complete list is available here.
- Jan Sacha, Henning Schild, Jeff Napper, Noah Evans, and Sape Mullender, "Message Passing and Scheduling in Osprey", 3rd Workshop on Systems for Future Multicore Architectures, April 2013
- Jan Sacha, and Alberto Montresor, "Identifying Frequent Items in Distributed Data Sets", In Springer Computing, Volume 95, Issue 4, pages 289-307, 2013.
- Corina Stratan, Jan Sacha, Jeff Napper, Paolo Costa, and Guillaume Pierre, "The XtreemOS Resource Selection Service", In ACM Transactions on Autonomous and Adaptive Systems (TAAS), Volume 7, Number 4, 2013.
- Jan Sacha, Jeff Napper, Corina Stratan, and Guillaume Pierre, "Adam2: Reliable Distribution Estimation in Decentralised Environments", In Proceedings of the 30th International Conference on Distributed Computing Systems (ICDCS'10), pages 697-707, IEEE, 2010.
- Bartosz Biskupski, Jim Dowling, and Jan Sacha, "Properties and Mechanisms of Self-Organising MANET and P2P Systems", In ACM Transactions on Autonomous and Adaptive Systems (TAAS), Volume 2, Issue 1, pages 4-37, ACM Press, March 2007.
- Jan Sacha, Jim Dowling, Raymond Cunningham, and René Meier, "Using Aggregation for Adaptive Super-Peer Discovery on the Gradient Topology", In Proceedings of the 2nd IEEE International Workshop on Self-Managed Networks, Systems & Services (SelfMan'06), LNCS 3996, pages 77-90, Springer-Verlag, July 2006.
- Jan Sacha, Jim Dowling, Raymond Cunningham, and René Meier, "Discovery of Stable Peers in a Self-Organising Peer-to-Peer Gradient Topology", In Proceedings of the 6th IFIP International Conference on Distributed Applications and Interoperable Systems (DAIS'06), LNCS 4025, pages 70-83, Springer-Verlag, 2006.
- Bogdan C. Popescu, Maarten van Steen, Bruno Crispo, Andrew S. Tanenbaum, Jan Sacha, and Ihor Kuz, "Securely Replicated Web Documents", In Proceedings of the 19th IEEE International Parallel and Distributed Processing Symposium (IPDPS'05), page 104b, IEEE Computer Society, 2005.