2010 – 2011: Entrepreneurial Boot Camp - Defi entreprendre, ESCP Europe, France.
2008 – 2011: PhD, Communication & Electronics with Highest Honors, Telecom ParisTech, France.
2010: Doctoral Program in management, ENPC MBA Paris - ENPC School of International Management, France.
2007 – 2008: Master, Photonics Devices, Systems and Networks, University of Essex, United Kingdom.
2005 – 2008: Engineering degree, Institut national des Sciences appliquées (INSA) de Toulouse, specialized in physics and microelectronics, France.
2003 – 2005: EURUJI, (International programme of Engineering to prepare future engineers to work in international environments), Universitat Jaume I, Spain.
Guilhem de Valicourt received the BSc degree in applied physics from the National Institute of applied Sciences (INSA), Toulouse, France, in 2008. From 2007 to 2008, he followed and passed the Master of Science in Photonics Devices at Essex University, U.K. In 2008, he joined Alcatel-Thales-CEA III-V lab where he was working on design, fabrication, and characterization of Reflective SOA and directly modulated DFB lasers for microwave photonic systems and next generation of optical access networks toward the Ph.D. In 2011 he joined Alcatel-Lucent Bell Labs in France as a research engineer and he is now a member of technical staff in Bell Labs USA since 2014. His main research interests are focused on design and characterization of advanced integrated photonics devices (in InP, silicon and hybrid III-V on silicon platform), optical packet transport and switching for metropolitan and wireless backhaul networks, technology for datacenters and access networks. He has authored or co-authored more than 80 scientific papers in journals and international conferences, two book chapters and holds 20 patents. He received the 2011 "Best project" award from Alcatel-Lucent Bootcamp, the 2012 Marconi Young Scholar award and was a finalist for the ParisTech Ph.D. prize in 2012.
§ Marconi Young Scholar 2012, given by to three candidates globally who have "exceptional class ranking, demonstrated research capabilities, entrepreneurial spirit and commitment to advancing science for the benefit of humanity".
§ Finalist for the ParisTech PhD prize 2012 (10 selected candidates over 638 PhD dissertations)
§ Best project award from Alcatel-Lucent French Bootcamp
(Winner of the Season 5 bootcamp presenting a business plan based on innovative optical devices for the next generation of optical access networks)
1. G. de Valicourt, G. Levaufre, Y. Pointurier, J.-C. Antona, A. Le Liepvre, C. Jany, A. Accard, F. Lelarge, D. Make, and G.-H. Duan, “Direct Modulation of Hybrid Integrated InP/Si Transmitters for short and long reach access network”, Journal of Lightwave Technology, Vol. 33, No. 8, April 15, 2015.
2. G. de Valicourt, H. Mardoyan, M. A. Mestre, P. Jennevé, J. C. Antona, S. Bigo, O. Bertran-Pardo, C. Kazmierski, J. Decobert, N. Chimot, F. Blache, “Monolithic Integrated InP Transmitters Using Switching of Prefixed Optical Phases”, Journal of Lightwave Technology, Vol. 33, No. 3, February 1, 2015.
2. G. de Valicourt, N. D. Moroz, P. Jennevé, F. Vacondio, G. H. Duan, C. Jany, A. Accard and J. C. Antona, “A Next-Generation Optical Packet-Switching Node Based on Hybrid III-V/Silicon Optical Gates”, PTL, IEEE Photonics technology letters, Vol. 26, No. 7, April 1, 2014.
3. G. de Valicourt, D. Make, M. Lamponi, G. Duan, P. Chanclou and R. Brenot, “High Gain (30 dB) and High Saturation Power (11dBm) RSOA Devices as Colourless ONU Sources in Long Reach Hybrid WDM/TDM -PON Architecture”, IEEE Photonics technology letters, Vol. 22, No. 3, Feb. 1, 2010, pp. 191-193.
4. G. de Valicourt, M. A. Mestre, L. Bramerie, J.-C. Simon, E. Borgne, L. Vivien, E. Cassan, D. Marris-Morini, J.-M. Fédéli, P. Jennevé, H. Mardoyan, Y. Pointurier, A. Le Liepvre, G. H. Duan, A. Shen and S. Bigo, “Monolithic Integrated Silicon-based Slot-Blocker for Packet-Switched Networks”, in Proc. ECOC’14, We.3.5.5, Cannes, France.
G. de Valicourt, G. H. Duan, R. Brenot and F. Van Dijk, Chapter 7: “Optical Transmitters for Low-cost Broadband Transport”, Book: “Next Generation Wireless Communications using Radio over Fiber”, Dr. N. J. Gomes, Dr. P. Monteiro and Dr. A. Gameiro (Ed.), John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., (2012)
G. de Valicourt, Chapter 1: “Next generation of Optical Access Network based on Reflective-SOA”, Book: “Selected Topics on Optical Amplifiers in Present Scenario”, Dr. Sisir Garai (Ed.), ISBN: 978-953-51-0391-2, InTech, (invited), 2012
More than 20 patents in the field on optoelectronic devices and optical communication.