The Bell Labs facility in Shanghai is located in Jinqiao, east of Shanghai, and is ranked as a top 10 enterprise research center in China.
Bell Labs in Shanghai play a unique role in building Nokia's research eco-system in China by establishing extensive cooperation between Chinese customers and top universities in China for national key projects and consortium.
The team at Bell Labs Shanghai is dedicated to pioneering research in a vast array of technologies including:
- Wireless access and fixed access technology
- 5G, advanced multiple antenna technologies
- Device to device communication
- Cloud RAN
- Green radio
- Small cell technology
- TDD specific technologies
- LTE-A/beyond broadcast/multicast
- Cellular based machine to machine
- Software-defined converged access network
- Next generation PON, and
- RoF based fronthaul