Distinguished Academic Partners
Advancing collective research with prestigious academic partners
Benefits of academic partnerships
Nokia Bell Labs has forged partnerships with the world's top universities and academic organizations to drive our vision of future human needs and transform human existence. Universities that participate in Nokia Bell Labs' Distinguished Academic Partners (DAP) Program offer unique opportunities to:
- Deliver disruptive innovation through intensive collaboration with world-renowned Nokia Bell Labs researchers
- Shape future vision through deep engagement with Nokia Bell Labs Leadership, and transform students’ careers and lives with unique Nokia Bell Labs experiences
- Achieve world recognition through exposure of ideas and people
- Foster academic research cycles through long-term investment commitments
- Understand the mutual influence of academic research and industry research in expanding new ideas in telecommunications technologies
The University of Cambridge and Nokia Bell Labs are working together on next-generation mobile technologies.
"Earables" are just one of the University of Cambridge and and Nokia Bell Labs mobile computing collaborations.
imec and Nokia Bell Labs research content-dependent lighting in Antwerp
Streetlamps that only light up when needed, or that even warn you about heavy showers.
Nokia Bell Labs and AMBER researchers formulate new battery design for the 5G world.
This new formulation doubles existing battery life without adding any additional weight.
The importance of academic/industrial partnerships
Speaking at Inria's 50th anniversary event, Marcus Weldon breaks down why academic/industrial partnerships are critical to innovation.