1986-1993 University of Stuttgart, Studies of Electrical Engineering (Telecommunication). Reception of Diploma (M.Sc.)
1983-1986 Albert-Ludwigs-University, Freiburg, Studies of Mathematics and Physics for teaching profession.
2016 - present Nokia Bell Labs
Studies on flexible optical networks, regenerated optical systems
2006 - 2015 Alcatel-Lucent, Bell-Labs
Studies on advanced modulation formats especially for optical coherent system.
- Optical OFDM
- high order modulation format
- flexible transponders, transport SDN.
Achievements: 1.1 Tbps superchannel with polarisation multiplexed 256QAM modulation, Application of optical OFDM superchannels in a field trial on fibers of Deutsche Telekom (see publications)
Staff member of the CELTIC-PLUS projects 100-GET, SASER Savenet and SENDATE
2000 - 2006 Alcatel, Reasearch and Innovation
Studies for 40Gbps optical transmission system
- Transmitter and receiver circuits
- Characterisation and specification of optical and electronic components
- Experimental studies of transmission performance of various binary modulation formats (NRZ, RZ, DPSK)
- Various world record experiments in collaboration with R&I teams in France.
1993-2000 University Stuttgart, Institute of Telecommunications
Research Assitent. Research topics: Optical CDMA as multiple acees scheme in PON
Selected articles and publications
- "Transmission of a 1.1 Tb/s super channel in 100 GHz optical bandwidth based on PM-256 QAM and spatially coupled FEC," Optical Communication (ECOC 2013), 39th European Conference and Exhibition on , paper: We.1.C.1
- "Experimental Study of 16-, 32- and 64-QAM Constellation Sets in the 200-Gb/s Regime on a Data Rate Flexible System"; Optical Fiber Communication Conference (OFC) 2013paper: OTh3B.2
- "Transmission of 3x253-Gb/s OFDM-Superchannels over 764km Field Deployed Single Mode Fibers"; National Fiber Optic Engineers Conference (NFOEC) 2010 paper: PDPD2
- "Demonstration of Bit Rate Variable ROADM Functionality on an Optical OFDM Superchannel";Optical Fiber Communication Conference (OFC) 2010 paper: OTuM7
- "Transmission of 1.2 Tb/s Continuous Waveband PDM-OFDM-FDM Signal with Spectral Efficiency of 3.3 bit/s/Hz over 400 km of SSMF"; National Fiber Optic Engineers Conference (NFOEC) 2009paper: PDPC2
Full list of publications see https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Roman_Dischler