I am a researcher in Nokia Bell Labs department for Distributed Reality Solutions, working mainly on the next generation of immersive video technologies.
As professional background, I'm a senior software engineer with a large experience in software design and implementation of real-time, distributed, large-scale video processing and distribution systems. I joined Alcatel-Lucent in 2015 as senior software engineer working for video BU. In this role, I participated in the implementation of several key features for the video origin and cloud DVR product such as video transcoding, Adaptive streaming support and DRM. In addition, I was a key member in the creation of video automated testing and health monitoring tools and participated actively in cluster high availability features such as software redundancy and failure recovery. In parallel, I was working on my PhD in computer science (University of Alicante, 2016) focused mainly in video based techniques for automated vehicles traffic monitoring and classification.
Currently, as member of DRS department I'm working on immersive video technologies focused mainly on defining the next generation of human communication solutions. I'm generally interested in low latency techniques for video streaming and mixed reality.
- Doctor Ingeniero en Informática, Ph.D thesis title "Hybrid 3D and support vector machine approach for automatic vehicle tracking and classification" from University of Alicante (2016)
- Computer science engineer (BSc + MSc) from Rey Juan Carlos University (Madrid 2008)
- 2017-Current Researcher in immersive video technologies
- 2015-2017 Senior video & IPTV Engineer at Alcate-lucent / Nokia
- 2012-2015 Senior Software Engineer at Siemens (X-Ray Imaging systems)
- 2008-2012 Video Engineer at Motorola (Digital Video Solutions)
- 2005-2008 Software Engineer at Motorola (Core Network Division)
Selected articles and publications
Redouane Kachach and José María Cañas "Hybrid three-dimensional and support vector machine approach for automatic vehicle tracking and classification using a single camera," Journal of Electronic Imaging 25(3), 033021 (21 June 2016). https://doi.org/10.1117/1.JEI.25.3.033021
- Pablo Perez, Ester Gonzalez-Sosa, Redouane Kachach, Jaime Ruiz, Ignacio Benito, Francisco Pereira, and Alvaro Villegas. 2019. Immersive Gastronomic Experience with Distributed Reality. In IEEE 5th Workshop on Everyday Virtual Reality (WEVR). IEEE.