Jesus Omana Iglesias
I received my Licentiate degree in Computer Science in July 2008 from the Department of Computer Science, Faculty of Science and Technologies, University of Carabobo, Venezuela. In October of the same year I enrolled at the University of A Coruna, Spain, in my Master studies, ICT's in Mobile Networks. My masters' dissertation was in the field of cooperation and self-synchronization in wireless sensor networks. Following my master, I started my PhD studies in 2010 at University College Dublin. During my PhD I worked closely with IBM Toronto and Dublin software groups on projects that aimed to optimize the utilization of computer systems in large-scale and heterogeneous environments. After my PhD, I briefly worked as a Data Scientist in Intel Labs, Dublin, on the design and implementation of machine learning algorithms to predict energy consumption at a sub-station level.
I joined Bell Labs in June 2015 as a Researcher in the Autonomous Software System Research group.
- 2010 - 2014 - Ph.D. in Computer Science, University College Dublin (UCD), Ireland.
- 2008 - 2009 - M.Sc. in ICTs for Mobile Networks, University of A Coruna (UDC), Spain.
- 2003 - 2008 - Licentiate degree in Computer Science, University of Carabobo (UC), Venezuela.
- Program Committee member for IEEE/ACM CCGrid 2018.
- Program Committee member for IEEE/ACM UCC 2016, 2017.
- Ambassador at ICCSW (Imperial College Computing Student Workshop) 2012, 2013, 2014.
- Reviewer in:
- IEEE/ACM UCC 2016, 2017.
- SCRAMBLE (co-allocated with IEEE/ACM CCGrid 2017).
- IEEE ICIN 2017.
- Elsevier FGCS 2015, 2016.
- IEEE GlobeCom 2015, 2016.
- IEEE Computer 2014.
Selected articles and publications
- Jesus Omana Iglesias, Jordi Arjona Aroca, Volker Hilt, Diego Lugones. "ORCA: an ORChestration Automata for Configuring VNFs", ACM/IFIP/USENIX 17th International Middleware Conference (Middleware), 2017.
J. Bravo Ferreira, M. Cello, Jesus Omana Iglesias. “More Sharing, More Benefits? A Study of Library Sharing in Container-Based Infrastructures”, 23rd International European Conference on Parallel and Distributed Computing (Euro-Par), 2017. [PDF]
A. Sridhara, D.Koll, Jesus Omana Iglesias, J. Arjona Aroca, V. Hilt, X. Fu. “Optimal Resource Configuration of Complex Services in the Cloud”, IEEE/ACM 17th International Symposium on Cluster, Cloud and Grid Computing (CCGrid), 2017. [PDF]
Jesus Omana Iglesias, M. De Cauwer, D. Mehta, B. O’Sullivan, L. Murphy. “Increasing task consolidation efficiency by using more accurate resource estimations”, Elsevier Future Generation Computer Systems (FGCS), Volume 56, March 2016. [PDF]
- X. Li, A. Ventresque, Jesus Omana Iglesias, J. Murphy. “Scalable correlation-aware virtual machine consolidation using two-phase clustering”, IEEE 13th International Conference on High Performance Computing and Simulation (HPCS), 2015.(shortlisted to best paper award).[PDF]
- Jesus Omana Iglesias, Milan De Cauwer, Deepak Mehta, Liam Murphy, Barry O’Sullivan. “A Methodology for Online Consolidation of Tasks Through More Accurate Resource Estimations”, IEEE/ACM 7th International Conference on Utility and Cloud Computing (UCC), 2014.
- Jesus Omana Iglesias, Philip Perry, Liam Murphy, Teodora Sandra Buda, James Thorburn. “An Experimental Methodology to Evaluate Energy Efficiency and Performance in an Enterprise Virtualized Environment”, ACM/SPEC 5th International Conference on Performance Engineering (ICPE), 2014.
- Jesus Omana Iglesias, Philip Perry, Nicola Stokes, James Thorburn, Liam Murphy. “A Cost-Capacity Analysis for Assessing the Efficiency of Heterogeneous Computing Assets in an Enterprise Cloud”, IEEE/ACM 6th International Conference on Utility and Cloud Computing (UCC), 2013.
- Jesus Omana Iglesias, James Thorburn, Trevor Parsons, John Murphy, Patrick O’Sullivan. “Scoring System Utilization through Business Profiles”, IEEE 3rd International Conference on Cloud Computing Technology and Science (CloudCom), 2011.
- M. Cello, Jesus Omana Iglesias, D. Lugones. “Resource Allocation In A Cloud Environment”. 820132-US-NP (pending).
- L. Jiao, Jesus Omana Iglesias, et al. “A Method and System for Managing Workload Distribution in a Virtualized System”. 819440-EP-EPA (pending).
- D. Lugones, Jesus Omana Iglesias, et al. “A Controller For A Cloud Based Service In A Telecommunications Network, And A Method Of Providing A Cloud Based Service”. 818644-EP-EPA (pending).
- P. O’Sullivan, J. Thorburn, Xi Li, Jesus Omana Iglesias. “Cohort Manipulation and Optimization”. AUS920120041US1. [Google Patents]
- P. O’Sullivan, J. Thorburn, X. Li, Jesus Omana Iglesias. “Cohort Cost Analysis and Workload Migration”. AUS920120040US1. [Google Patents]