Dr. Mittermayr is Partner within Bell Labs Consulting. He is focusing on service innovation and the business aspects of the changing value chains, especially in the domain of next generation services, like enterprise, cloud and wholesale services or multimedia and TV. He also focuses on operation optimization for telcos to get ready for NFV and SDN challenges.
Prior to Alcatel, Herbert was CEO of a start-up software company, where he gained valuable experience in innovative business models and venture capital financing.
Dr. Mittermayr has advised several CxOs on strategic and business aspects of NG services. Main domains are new revenue generating services, operation efficiency optimization, and enterprise services. Recent project are: Elaboration of fixed mobile convergence strategy for an European tier1 mobile operator, Operations optimization for a tier1 European telco, Best practices analysis of innovative services and network optimization for an Asian tier1 telco.
Dr. Mittermayr holds a Physical Doctor degree in Electrical Engineering, Measurement Systems, and he holds a patent on inventing soft key functions for user interfaces of electronic devices.
- Master of Engineering, Technical University Graz, Austria
- PhD in measurement systems, Technical University Graz, Austria
- Finance, INSEAD Fontainebleau, France
Herbert advised several CxOs on strategic and business aspects of ng services. Main domains are new revenue generating services, operation efficiency optimization, and enterprise services.
- More than 20 years of experience in telecoms
- More than 10 years in next generation services, enterprise and multimedia service innovation.
- Chairs the group defining Content Services to Mobile/Portable Devices in OIPF, the international Open IPTV Forum. Active member of MEF Metro Ethernet Forum.
- Prior to his consulting role, he was VP Marketing & Sales, dealing with broadcast solution
Selected articles and publications
From 3G Mobile TV to Unlimited Mobile TV, Alcatel Telecommunications Review, June 2006
Patent for inventing soft key functions for user interfaces of electronic devices.