Florian Pivit is currently leading the RF device research team in Bell Labs Ireland in Dublin. One of his additional reponsibilities is the management of the internal technology transfer of the Bell Labs Ireland research results into the business divisions as well as the support of their collaborations with external component- and technology-suppliers.
His main research interest is in the area of active antenna array (AAA) technologies, integrated RF-transceiver design and advanced antenna feed network technologies. He also was one of the main researchers working on the Alcatel-Lucent lightRadio Cube technology.
He joined Lucent Technologies in 2006 as one of the first members of the newly funded Bell Labs in Dublin in the RF-group headed by Frank Mullany. Here he worked on advanced transceiver architectures for base station applications and the improvement of RF-product test procedures and reliability issues.
Before joining Bell Labs he was a researcher at the department for High-Frequency Technologies (Institut für Höchstfrequenztechnik und Elektronik, IHE) at the University of Karlsruhe, where he worked on analog frontend design for multi standard base stations and on multi- and broadband base station antennas.
Prior to joining the IHE, from 1999 to 2000, he was with Anaren Microwave Inc., NY, USA, where he worked on LTCC components for satellite applications up to 40GHz.
Dipl.-Ing. (MS.E.E.) University of Karlsruhe, Germany
Dr.-Ing. (Ph.D.E.E.) University of Karlsruhe, Germany
Honors & Awards
- Member of ALTA (Alcatel-Lucent Technical Academy, 2009)
- Winner of the 2008 Alcatel-Lucent Social Corporate Responsibility Award for the contribution “Energy Efficiency Enhancement of mobile Communication Networks”, together with Holger Claussen, Bell Labs Ireland.
- Winner of the 2008 Eckermann-TJA Alcatel-Lucent Broadband Challenge Awards of the Telecommunication Journal of Australia, together with Holger Claussen und Lester T. W. Ho, both Bell Labs Ireland.
- Alcatel-Lucent 2011 CEO Innovations Award, awarded to the lightRadio team in recognition of the extraordinary achievement of the team.
- Team Award: Bell Labs Teamwork Award, awarded to the SNAP-team in recognition of the extraordinary achievement of the team.