I am a Member of Technical Staff of Nokia Bell Labs within the Mathematics of Complex & Dynamic Networks group, where my major focus is on coding theory applications for wireless communication, privacy and security fields.
Prior to joining Bell Labs, I was a member of the Physical Layer Specification team of the LTE enode-B within Alcatel-Lucent wireless division in the ex Nortel teams and contributed in the design of the upper layer forward error correction scheme of the DVB-SH standard within the joint Lab INRIA-Bell Labs. I held research projects and studies in the field of iterative decoding algorithms for graph based codes, LDPC and turbo codes under grants and tight collaborations with Orange Labs, CNES (Aeorospatial Studies National Center) and Utah University.
I served in several international companies and research institutions including: Siemens, Citibank, Unesco, Orange Labs, CNES , Alcatel-Lucent Wireless Division and Nokia Bell Labs.
For further details on my current projects and collaborations, please refer to my publications or kindly email me.
Ph.D. Mines Telecom Institute (Telecom Paris Tech), Major: Coding Theory.
M.S. Mines Telecom Institute (Telecom Paris Tech), Major: Communication & Coding Theory .
B.S. Electrical Engineering Polytechnic School of Algiers, Major : Electrical Engineering.
Selected articles and publications
- Amira Alloum, Sian-Jheng Lin, and Tareq Y. Al-Naffouri. "On locality of Generalized Reed-Muller codes over the broadcast erasure channel." 2016 IEEE International Symposium on Broadband Multimedia Systems and Broadcasting (BMSB). IEEE, 2016.
- Sian-Jheng Lin, Amira Alloum, and Tareq Y. Al-Naffouri. "RAID6 Reed Solomon Codes with Asymptotically Optimal Arithmetic Complexity ." 2016 IEEE Personal Indoor and Mobile Radio Communication (PIMRC ). IEEE, 2016.
- Amira Alloum, Bessem Sayadi, and Vincent Roca. "Reed Solomon codes on graph for DVB-SH streaming services." In Wireless World Research Forum (WWRF'09). 2009.
- Amira Alloum, Joseph J. Boutros, Gil I. Shamir, and Li Wang. "Non-systematic LDPC codes via scrambling and splitting." In 43rd Annual Allerton’s Conference. 2005.
- Boutros, Joseph J., Amira Alloum, and Gil I. Shamir. "Enhanced channel decoding via EM source-channel estimation." In Proc. 2nd International Symposium Commun., Control, Signal Processing. 2006.
- Shamir, Gil I., Joseph J. Boutros, Amira Alloum, and Li Wang. "Non-systematic LDPC codes for redundant data." In Proc. Inaugural Workshop for the Center of Information Theory and its Applications. 2006.
Amira Alloum , Bessem Sayadi,"Bit-wise interleaving based Multi-Protocol Encapsulation Inter-burst Forward Error Correction" Europe WO/2010/145974-Filed.